Looking for help with your 2021-22 FAFSA? Visit our FAFSA page for tips and resources!
Enrolling in Summer 2021 classes? Summer financial aid will display on myBlackHawk beginning Friday, April 16 for registered students.
- After April 16, students should allow 3-5 business days after summer registration for aid information to update.
- Still have outstanding 2020-21 FAFSA requirements? Submit before May 1 to avoid summer aid delays.
- Remember that summer eligibility is different than the rest of the school year – contact our office with any questions!
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility. (FAFSA – Spanish.) Most funding is based on your family’s financial situation.
- Black Hawk’s federal school code is 001638.
- Use the 2021-22 Financial Aid Checklist to stay on track!
- Refer to Financial Aid on myBlackHawk each semester to help you review your eligibility and any balance that may be due.
APPLY FOR AIDFAFSA Grants Scholarships Work-Study Loans
Are you a veteran? You may qualify for educational benefits. Educational Benefits for Veterans »
Enrolled Spring 2021? Incurred costs associated with the pandemic? You may qualify for a Black Hawk College CARES Grant »
What Happens Next?
Log into myBlackHawk
Once you have been admitted to Black Hawk College, you will have access to myBlackHawk, a secure student site that allows you to check email, register and pay for courses, view student records, get college announcements, and view financial aid information.
The Financial Aid Office will communicate with students through their BHC email only.
All students are assigned an email account at mymail.bhc.edu which becomes the official vehicle for communication from the college. The email account is accessed through myBlackHawk.
Finish Financial Aid Day
All FAFSA information and related requirements should be submitted by Finish Financial Aid Day. Submission by these dates allows time for processing before the payment deadline:
- Fall Semester: July 1
- Spring Semester: December 1
- Summer: May 1
Students who fail to submit by these dates will need to make personal payment arrangements to register for classes. Financial aid can still be processed, but will not hold the student’s classes.
Review financial aid policies
Students are responsible for reviewing our financial aid policies so they understand what can impact their eligibility to receive and maintain financial aid at Black Hawk College.
HOW DO YOU RECEIVE YOUR AID?
You can buy your books and supplies in the BHC bookstores if you will have financial aid remaining after tuition and any fees are covered. The bookstores announce purchasing dates each semester.
Paying your aid
Financial aid is considered “pending” until after your 10th day of enrollment. Financial aid eligibility will be based on your tenth day enrollment – at that time, grants and scholarships will credit your billing account. Courses dropped before or added after your 10th day of enrollment will not be eligible for financial aid. NOTE: Student loans do not credit your billing account until 30 days after the start of the semester.
Award Information »
After financial aid credits your billing account, any remaining credit balance will be refunded. Title IV financial aid credit balances will be refunded within 14 days after crediting your billing account. Refunds are disbursed by the Bursar’s Office.
Refund Policy »
To continue receiving aid
You must maintain satisfactory academic progress to keep your financial aid. Don’t lose your eligibility!
BHC Financial Aid Academic Progress Policy »