All Black Hawk College students have access to free tutoring. Start early in the semester and come often… we’re here for your academic success!
Available Subjects: Accounting | Anatomy & Physiology | Astronomy | Biology |
Calculus | Chemistry | Computer Science | ESL | Geography | Math | Music | Philosophy | Physics | Psychology | Spanish | Statistics | Writing
Subjects and hours vary by location.
FREE online tutoring available to all BHC students!
Free online tutoring is available 24/7 through tutor.com for all BHC students. Every session is one-to-one and personalized to your subject and your question. Access through your Canvas account.
Quad-Cities Campus Tutoring CENTER Hours
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Summer, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
Available outside of walk-in hours upon request
Science Resources Lab
Location: Bldg. 2, Room 210
Many natural sciences and engineering faculty members donate an office hour to be available in the lab which is located at the Quad-Cities Campus, Bldg. 2, Room 210. Tutors are advanced students and current or retired faculty members.
Science tutoring is offered on a walk-in, first-come, first-served basis. Faculty and tutors can help with the following areas:
- Study (not just science)
- Computer and printer use
- Materials use such as human models and bones, microscope slides, rocks and minerals, etc.
East Campus Tutoring CENTER Hours
Spring 2020 Tutoring Schedule:
- Biology: Wednesdays 9-10 a.m. in B-208 | Instructor: Isaac Stewart
- Chemistry: Fridays 9-10 a.m. in B-208 | Instructor: Alan Abbott
- Math: Mondays 12-2 p.m. and Thursdays 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. in B-208 | Instructor: Rita Currier
- Math: Wednesdays 12-1 p.m. and Thursdays 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. in B-208 | Instructor: Carla Hillman
- English, Reading & Writing: Mondays and Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. in A-132 | Instructor: Patty Wilkinson
- Computer Science: Mondays and Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. in A-132 | Instructor: Patty Wilkinson
Peer tutors are available in Building B, Room 108 (Fishbowl)
- Mondays and Wednesdays, 9-10:50 a.m. and 12-2 p.m.
- Tuesdays 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Thursdays 1-4 p.m.
- Fridays 9-10:50 a.m.
Individual peer tutoring available by request.
Reading & Writing Lab
Location: East Campus, Building A, Room 132.
The Reading & Writing Lab offers a professional tutor who is trained to:
- Answer questions about reading and writing, improve specific writing skills, and help discover teaching materials for students to learn about reading and writing
- Assist with grammar, research, documentation, and the writing process
- Clarify reading and writing tasks, develop and organize papers, explore revision options, detect grammar and punctuation errors and properly document sources
Become a tutor
Are you interested in becoming a tutor? We are always looking for great tutors who share any interest in learning and helping others. Email firstname.lastname@example.org today or call 309-796-5138 with your area of interest that you feel comfortable tutoring in, current contact information, and availability for the semester.