All Black Hawk College students have access to free tutoring. Start early in the semester and come often… we’re here for your academic success!
Available Subjects: Accounting | Anatomy & Physiology | Astronomy | Biology |
Calculus | Chemistry | Computer Science | ESL | Geography | Math | Music | Philosophy | Physics | Psychology | Spanish | Statistics | Writing
Subjects and hours vary by location.
Quad-Cities Campus Tutoring CENTER Hours
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Summer, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
Extra walk-in hours for finals preparation: Monday-Wednesday, Nov. 25-27, 3-5 p.m. and Monday-Friday, Dec. 2-6, 3-5 p.m.
Available outside of walk-in hours upon request
Science Resources Lab
Many natural sciences and engineering faculty members donate an office hour to be available in the lab which is located at the Quad-Cities Campus. Tutors are advanced students and current or retired faculty members.
Science tutoring is offered on a walk-in, first-come, first-served basis. Faculty and tutors can help with the following areas:
- Study (not just science)
- Computer and printer use
- Materials use such as human models and bones, microscope slides, rocks and minerals, etc.
- Special projects
- Class projects
East Campus Tutoring CENTER Hours
Tutor hours for Fall 2019 semester:
- Biology | Instructor Isaac Stewart: Wednesday 9-10 a.m.
- Chemistry | Instructor Alan Abbott: Friday 9-10 a.m.
- Math | Instructor Carla Hillman: Wednesday 12-1 p.m. and Thursday 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Instructor Rita Currier: Monday 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and Thursday 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Peer Tutoring | Monday/Wednesday 12:30-1:50 p.m., Tuesday/Thursday 9 a.m.-1:20 p.m. and Friday (math only) 10-10:50 a.m.
Additional peer tutoring is available by request. Tutor request forms are available in the Advising Office.
Reading & Writing Lab
Located in Building A, Room 132, this lab is Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday 9:15-10:45 a.m. and 12:15-1:45 p.m. The Reading & Writing Lab offers a professional tutor who is trained to:
- Answer questions about reading and writing, improve specific writing skills, and help discover teaching materials for students to learn about reading and writing
- Assist with grammar, research, documentation, and the writing process
- Clarify reading and writing tasks, develop and organize papers, explore revision options, detect grammar and punctuation errors and properly document sources
FREE online tutoring available to all BHC students!
Free online tutoring is available 24/7 through tutor.com for all BHC students. Every session is one-to-one and personalized to your subject and your question. Access through your Canvas account.
Become a tutor
Are you interested in becoming a tutor? We are always looking for great tutors who share any interest in learning and helping others. Email email@example.com today or call 309-796-5138 with your area of interest that you feel comfortable tutoring in, current contact information, and availability for the semester.