BEGIN YOUR Psychology or sociology MAJOR AT BLACK HAWK COLLEGE
The Psychology and Sociology Department offers a variety of courses that will satisfy the first two years of study at many 4-year institutions. No matter what your focus area, faculty and advisers work with you to create a transfer plan to the school of your choice.
Areas of Focus
BHC students transfer into psychology and sociology majors to complete a bachelor’s degree. Here are a few sample transfer plans:
Where do you want to transfer?
If you already have a transfer school in mind, your adviser will customize a transfer plan for that college or university. BHC also has many transfer guides and agreements already established with 4-year institutions in a variety of majors.
Transfer Guides and Agreements »
We offer a wide range of interesting electives, including Psychology of Women, Deviant Behavior and other classes that span multiple disciplines. Psychology and sociology courses not only meet your general education requirements but also help you develop a better understanding of yourself and the relationships you have with other people in society.
Student Clubs and Events
Faculty serve as advisers for psychology and sociology-related clubs, which offer students opportunities for field trip and campus events.
• Supply drive for homeless women and children
• Psi Beta – Psychology honor society
• Midwest Psychology Association – Yearly conference in Chicago for students interested in psychology at senior institutions.
• Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
• Social Gaming Club
- The Black Hawk College Foundation has many scholarships for students. These and many others can be found at the BHC scholarships page.
- BHC Presidential Scholarship: In-district high school seniors in the top 10% of their graduating class at the end of seven semesters are eligible for the Black Hawk College Presidential Scholars Award.
- Transfer scholarships are also available at many transfer institutions.
Associate Degree Information
If you plan to transfer to a four-year institution, you can earn an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree.
|Associate in Science||1545||AS Degree||64||AgricultureArt, Design and Performing ArtsBusiness, Computer and Engineering TechnologyCommunication, Humanities and LanguagesEnglish and ReadingHealth and Human ServicesMathematicsNatural Sciences & EngineeringPsychology and SociologySocial Sciences|
|Associate in Arts||1045||AA Degree||64||AgricultureArt, Design and Performing ArtsBusiness, Computer and Engineering TechnologyCommunication, Humanities and LanguagesEnglish and ReadingHealth and Human ServicesMathematicsNatural Sciences & EngineeringPsychology and SociologySocial Sciences|