Reverse transfer credit is a program designed for students who attended Black Hawk College then transferred to a university before earning an associate degree.
Black Hawk College will evaluate your university coursework to determine if credits taken at the university will fulfill the remaining requirements for your associate degree. At least 24 credits must be earned with BHC courses and a minimum 2.0 GPA also earned at Black Hawk College.
You invested a lot in your BHC courses and that deserves recognition! An associate degree is an important milestone in your education and a valuable credential to add to your résumé. Completing your associate degree is also a smart move if finishing your bachelor’s degree is delayed for any reason.
Several four-year institutions provide a link or email address to begin your request:
- Augustana College
- Chicago State University
- Columbia College Chicago
- Eastern Illinois University
- Governors State University
- Illinois State University
- Iowa State University (opt-in on the ISU admission application)
- Northeastern Illinois University
- Northern Illinois University
- Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
- Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville
- St. Ambrose University
- University of Illinois Chicago
- University of Illinois Springfield
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Western Illinois University
Did you attend a university not in the list above?
Reverse transfer can be accomplished with any four-year institution whose accreditation we recognize. Submit the form below, complete the BHC graduation application, and request your university to send your official transcript directly to the Black Hawk College Registrar at email@example.com. We will let you know if additional forms may be needed. If we determine the associate degree can be awarded, we will notify you and send an official transcript back to your university for free.
Reverse Transfer Request
"*" indicates required fields