Not sure what jobs are in demand? Need help finding a job? If you’re planning your career or currently in the job market, you need to be prepared for today’s technology and recruitment methods. Black Hawk College Career Services offers free employment assistance. We can help you prepare your résumé and cover letter, practice interviewing skills, learn how to dress for an interview and much more.
Career Services enhances students’ pursuit of education and career goals and assists students, alumni, employers and the community in developing a qualified, competitive workforce.
Career Services Event Calendar
Click on the link to event to learn more and to register.
The Career Services Center assists individuals who:
- Need help creating professional résumés and conducting effective job search.
- Are uncertain about career goals or college major.
- Want to become more employable.
- Are seeking employment.
- Are in career transition.
The Career Services Center helps employers who:
- Want to post job openings.
- Are looking for skilled and qualified employees.
VISIT THE CAREER SERVICES CENTER
The center offers BHC students, alumni and the community personal guidance and assistance as well as excellent resources to help at any stage of career planning or job search.
- Occupational and career development books
- Career-search software programs
- Educational guides
- Extensive internet sites bookmarked for research
- Interviewing, résumé and cover letter books
- Labor market research and trends
- Information on upcoming job fairs
- Current job listings
- Skills Sessions on a variety of topics like Applying for a Job and Personal Branding