Not sure what jobs are in demand? Need help finding a job? If you’re planning your career or currently in the job market, you need to be prepared for today’s technology and recruitment methods. The Career Services Center at the Quad-Cities Campus offers free employment assistance. We can help you prepare your résumé and cover letter, practice interviewing skills, learn how to dress for an interview and much more.
The purpose of the Career Services Center is to enhance student learning in pursuit of career goals and to assist students, alumni, employers and the community in developing a qualified, competitive workforce.
The Career Services Center assists individuals who:
- Need help creating professional résumés and conducting effective job search.
- Are uncertain about career goals or college major.
- Want to become more employable.
- Are seeking employment.
- Are in career transition.
And helps employers who:
- Want to post job openings.
- Are looking for skilled and qualified employees.
- Are looking for interns.
- Want to do interviews on campus.
VISIT THE CAREER SERVICES CENTER
The center offers BHC students, alumni and the community personal guidance and assistance as well as excellent resources to help at any stage of career planning or job search.
- Hundreds of occupational and career development books, ebooks, and ejournals
- Career-search software programs
- Educational guides
- Extensive internet sites bookmarked for research
- Interviewing, résumé and cover letter books
- Labor market research and trends
- Information on upcoming job fairs
- Current job listings
BLACK HAWK COLLEGE CAREER FAIR
Each year Career Services Center hosts one of the largest career fairs in the area. Look for more details in the spring.