Get help with your job search from Black Hawk College Career Services.
- Search for jobs online at Handshake.
- O*NET Online provides users free and easy access to detailed information regarding duties, requirements, salary, education, etc. for over 900 occupations. Information is updated regularly to make it relevant to our changing workforce.
- Use Big Interview to learn and practice interview skills. The BHC organization code is 0542. Visit the Big Interview Student Guide to familiarize yourself with everything this tool has to offer.
- Search and apply for Rock Island Arsenal or other federal jobs at USA Jobs.
Interviews and student jobs
- Develop and critique résumés, cover letters and applications
- Interview skills
- Job shadowing
- Informational interviews
- Mock interviews
- Student experiential education
- Work-study jobs
- Job leads, full- and part-time
- Job advisement
- Job retention skills
- School-to-work transitions
- Job search strategies
- Job-retention skills
Job openings are posted in the Career Services Center, on the job boards around the Quad-Cities Campus, at the Black Hawk College Outreach Center, and on social media at no cost to employers or job-seekers.
Students, alumni and community members may search for jobs locally and nationwide by using the Black Hawk College job placement website Handshake. This service is free for everyone. Once you have registered on the website, you may search through all the current jobs in the system.
Employers may post jobs and internship opportunities on Handshake. This service is free for all employers. Employers can either create a new account or link to your organization’s existing account. Be sure to connect with Black Hawk College to share opportunities with our students.