Get help with your job search from Black Hawk College Career Services.
- Search for jobs online at College Central Network.
- O*NET Online provides users free and easy access to detailed information regarding duties, requirements, salary, education, etc. for over 900 occupations. Information is updated regularly to make it relevant to our changing workforce.
- Use Big Interview to learn and practice interview skills. The BHC organization code is 0542. Visit the Big Interview Student Guide to familiarize yourself with everything this tool has to offer.
- Search and apply for Rock Island Arsenal or other federal jobs at USA Jobs.
Interviews and student jobs
- Develop and critique résumés, cover letters and applications
- Interview skills
- Job shadowing
- Informational interviews
- Mock interviews
- Student experiential education
- Work-study jobs
- Job leads, full- and part-time
- Job advisement
- Job retention skills
- School-to-work transitions
- Job search strategies
- Job-retention skills
Job openings are posted in the Career Services Center, on the job boards around the Quad-Cities Campus, at the Black Hawk College Outreach Center, and on social media at no cost to employers or job-seekers.
College Central Network
Students, alumni and community members may search for jobs locally and nationwide by using the Black Hawk College job placement website College Central. This service is free for everyone. Once you have registered on the website, you may search through all the current jobs in the system and upload your résumé to be reviewed and approved by Career Services. You will be able to send your résumé directly to employers, and allow the Career Services Center to recommend you for jobs.
Employers may post jobs on College Central. This service is free for all employers. Once employers register and their accounts have been reviewed and approved, an email about setting up a password will be sent. After the account is established, employers may post jobs or internships and allow résumés to be sent directly to them to evaluate interested candidates.