Adult Education classes are non-credit and are provided at no cost to learners who qualify. Because eligibility requirements and class locations vary by program, we encourage interested students to contact the Outreach Center or one of our other locations to get started.
- Outreach Center (East Moline) – 309-796-8216
- Adult Learning Center (Rock Island) – 309-794-1072
- Community Education Center (Kewanee) – 309-854-1875
Which do you need?
- GED: Jennifer Sweborg, 309-796-5562 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- ESL: Amanda Woodruff Jones, 309-796-8245 – email@example.com
- High School Completion or Youth GED: Laura Bragg, 309-796-8252 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration/testing and fees
Convenient registration occurs throughout the semester. An assessment during registration ensures accurate class placement within the program. Qualifying students attend classes without cost. GED® students should note that there is a fee to take the GED® test.
Students must reside in the Black Hawk College District and must be at least 17 years old and not enrolled in a K-12 school district (16-year-old students may enroll only with parental and K-12 school district permission). Optional Education/Youth GED® classes are designed for students ages 16-18.
Class times and locations are subject to change based on enrollmentsRegister for Adult Education