The Testing Center offers the following services:
- Computerized and paper/pencil testing for BHC students
- Proctor arrangements for off-site students taking online classes through Black Hawk College
- Proctoring arrangement for non-BHC courses and students ($10 fee will apply)
- Placement testing (ACCUPLACER) - Accuplacer Placement Guidelines (PDF)
- PearsonVue testing (available at Quad-Cities Campus only)
- GED®/Constitution testing (available at Quad-Cities Campus only)
The Testing Center requires a photo ID and your student ID number for all BHC testing. Lockers are available for storing personal items during testing.
Accuplacer and Testing Center Hours
The Quad-Cities Campus Testing Center requires a photo ID and your student ID number for all BHC testing. Lockers are available for storing personal items during testing.
All items, except those allowed for your exam, are to be placed in the storage lockers. This includes, but is not limited to: Cell phones (muted), smart watches/fitbits, keys/pocket content, books/notebooks, backpacks, hats/caps, purses/wallets, drinks/food and outerwear.
Placement Testing (Accuplacer)
Jan 3-6: 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm
Jan 7: 8am, 10am, 12pm
Jan 10-13: 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm
Jan 14: 8am, 10am, 12pm
Jan 17: Closed – Martin Luther King’s Birthday Observed
Jan 18-20: 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm
Jan 21: 8am, 10am, 12pm
Jan 24-27: 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm
Jan 28: 8am, 10am, 12pm
Jan 31: 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm
Feb 1-3: 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm
Feb 4: 8am, 10am, 12pm
Feb 7-10: 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm
Feb 11: 8am, 10am, 12pm
Feb 14-18: 8am, 10am, 12pm
Feb 21: Closed – President’s Day
Feb 22-25: 8am, 10am, 12pm
Feb 28: 8am, 10am, 12pm
Mar 1-4: 8am, 10am, 12pm
Note: Please bring a picture ID and your BHC student ID number. You will be required to wear a mask.
Allow at least two (2) hours to complete the test.
Lockers are provided to store personal belongings.
We can only do a maximum of eight (8) Accuplacer testers at a time due to social distancing.
COMPUTERIZED TESTING & PAPER/PENCIL TESTING HOURS
Tests for online classes as well as tests for East Campus faculty and distance learning classes are taken at the East Campus Testing Center.
EAST CAMPUS TESTING HOURS
Exams are given only during testing hours. Although appointments for testing are not necessary, we do require that you allow enough time to complete your test during the scheduled hours. You must bring a photo ID and student identification number to take your exams.
COMPUTERIZED TESTING & PAPER AND PENCIL TESTING HOURS
- Monday 9am – 1pm
- Tuesday 2pm-4pm
- Wednesday 9am -12pm
- Thursday Closed
- Friday 10am – 2pm
* Tests are expected to be completed by the Testing Center closing times.
Black Hawk College is closed on the following holidays:
- Monday, September 6 – Labor Day
- Monday, October 11 – Indigenous People Day
- Thursday, November 11 – Veterans Day
- Thursday/Friday, November 25/26 - Thanksgiving
PLACEMENT TESTING (ACCUPLACER) HOURS
[button label="Register for Accuplacer Testing » " url="https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/BlackHawkCollege1@blackhawkcollegebhc.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/"