Next class begins Monday, August 15, 2022.
To register for an orientation session, call 309-796-5729 or fill out our online form.
Orientation Sessions are free and will be held at this location UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED:
Black Hawk College
6600 34th Ave., Moline, IL 61265
Building 1, Balcony, Room B-13
- Monday, June 27th at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 28th at 6 p.m.
- Friday, July 8th at 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 12th at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, July 14th at 6 p.m.
The Illinois Department of Transportation created this program to prepare people to work in the building trades and to increase the number of minorities, women and disadvantaged persons working on IDOT projects.
This full-time, 13-week class covers math, job/life skills, blueprint reading, OSHA, stick welding, construction equipment operation, shop time and hands-on projects.
There is no cost to the program. Participants receive a stipend of $10 per hour. Up to 15 students will be selected for each class. They learn essential skills, with the goal of applying for and obtaining an apprenticeship in the building trades.
- Cement masons
- Equipment operators
- Pipefitters and plumbers
- Other building trades
- Seeking work in the construction trades
- 18 years or older
- High school diploma or GED®
- Valid driver’s license
- Drug-free (tested)
Applying for HCCTP requires several steps, beginning with an orientation session.
- Register for and attend an orientation session. All orientation sessions are in the Business Training Center at the Quad-Cities Campus.
- Math and Reading Skills Test – Taken after orientation for those wanting to proceed.
- Potential candidates are invited for an interview, then selections are made.
- Drug testing.