Class starts on February 27th
To register for an orientation session, call 309-796-5729 or fill out our online form.
Orientation Sessions are free and will be held at this location UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED:
Black Hawk College
6600 34th Ave., Moline, IL 61265
Building 1, Balcony, Room B-13
• January 25th – 6:00 p.m.
• January 26th – 10:00 a.m.
• January 31st – 10:00 a.m.
• February 3rd – 2:00 p.m.
This full-time, 13-week class covers math, job/life skills, blueprint reading, OSHA, stick welding, construction equipment operation, shop time and hands-on projects.
There is no cost to the program. Participants receive a stipend of $10 per hour. Up to 15 students will be selected for each class. They learn essential skills, with the goal of applying for and obtaining an apprenticeship in the building trades.
- Cement masons
- Equipment operators
- Pipefitters and plumbers
- Other building trades
- Seeking work in the construction trades
- 18 years or older
- High school diploma or GED®
- Valid driver’s license
- Drug-free (tested)
Applying for HCCTP requires several steps, beginning with an orientation session.
- Register for and attend an orientation session. All orientation sessions are in the Business Training Center at the Quad-Cities Campus.
- Math and Reading Skills Test – Taken after orientation for those wanting to proceed.
- Potential candidates are invited for an interview, then selections are made.
- Drug testing.