Next class starts Monday, Feb. 28, 2022.
To register for an orientation session, call 309-796-5729 or fill out our online form.
The Illinois Department of Transportation created this program to prepare people to work in the building trades and to increase the number of minorities, women and disadvantaged persons working on IDOT projects.
This full-time, 13-week class covers math, job/life skills, blueprint reading, OSHA, stick welding, construction equipment operation, shop time and hands-on projects.
This program is at no cost to the participant. Up to 15 students will be selected for each class. They learn essential skills, with the goal of applying for and obtaining an apprenticeship in the building trades.
- Cement masons
- Equipment operators
- Pipefitters and plumbers
- Other building trades
- Seeking work in the construction trades
- 18 years or older
- High school diploma or GED®
- Valid driver’s license
- Drug-free (tested)
Applying for HCCTP requires several steps, beginning with an orientation session.
Note: Registrants will receive a call or email in the next 24 hours to schedule an orientation time.
- Register for and attend an orientation session. All orientation sessions are in the Business Training Center at the Quad-Cities Campus.
- Math and Reading Skills Test – Taken after orientation for those wanting to proceed.
- Potential candidates are invited for an interview, then selections are made.
- Drug testing.