OUR MISSION is to inspire students, develop talent and strengthen communities.
OUR VISION is to prepare learners to live and work in diverse global communities through the relentless pursuit of student success, innovation and educational excellence.
- Caring and Compassion – We advocate being kind, considerate, and empathic as we work toward our collective and separate goals.
- Fairness – We promote consistency and evenhandedness in our policies, procedures, and dealings with others.
- Honesty – We advocate being truthful, sincere, and candid in all aspects of our daily activities.
- Inclusion and Diversity – We value the inclusion of all individuals and celebrate their unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives.
- Integrity – We promote being trustworthy, honorable, and consistent with our values in our interactions with others; we do the right thing even when it is not popular or easy.
- Respect – We treat others with positive regard and esteem.
- Responsibility – We are accountable, dependable, and reliable as we follow through on our commitment to teaching excellence, student learning, and service to others.
Our Cultural Beliefs®
- Students & Communities First – I make decisions and advocate based on the needs of our students and external communities.
- Value Others – I foster trust by actively listening to, valuing, and respecting diverse opinions.
- Let’s Talk – I communicate with intent, in a timely manner, and welcome feedback.
- Explore Possibilities – I embrace change and new ideas by working as if anything is possible.
- One Black Hawk – I collaborate with others throughout the College Community and am accountable for my actions.
The Strategic Plan 2022-2024 outlines the goals and strategies of Black Hawk College.View the 2022-2024 Strategic Plan (PDF)