Tuition Rates for 2019-2020
|Residency location||Cost per credit hour|
|Within District 503||$149|
|Outside District 503 (Illinois resident)||$250|
|Iowa student living in Clinton, Louisa, Muscatine or Scott counties, IA||$180|
|All other out-of-state students||$255|
|International students (F1 visa – subject to change)||$255|
|Online learning courses||$149|
|Course fees||Varies by class|
Fees: Additional lab or equipment fees may apply to specific classes. An administration fee may be assessed for students receiving a tuition waiver.
Administration fees for tuition-waivered students: Students who receive Achievement Awards from Black Hawk College will be assessed an administration fee of $25 per credit hour.
This administrative tuition waiver fee does not apply to outside awarded scholarships. The following Black Hawk College scholarships are assessed an administration fee:
- Athletic scholarships
- Departmental scholarships (music/art)
- Equine scholarships
- Presidential Scholars
Dual credit tuition rate: The dual credit tuition rate is $25 per credit hour.
Residency requirements: Students may be required to furnish legal evidence of their residency. Please view the Documentation of Residency for more information.
Tuition billing statement
All students are responsible for keeping their account current by paying all charges by their respective semester due dates, regardless of billing receipt. We will attempt to send out a billing statement prior to payment due dates. However, if registration occurs near or after the published due date, it may not be possible. Students participating in last-minute enrollment will not receive a bill since payment is due at the time of registration.
- Bills are only sent electronically via your myBlackHawk email account.
- No paper bills will be mailed with the exception of high school dual students, who will receive an initial paper bill. All further billing notices for dual students will be made electronically via the student’s myBlackHawk email.
Access to your balance due is available on your myBlackHawk account.
- Select the Student Billing tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the middle column to view “My Account.”
- Pay by clicking on the credit card icon when you have a balance due.
Now it’s time to set up a schedule for making payments that works for you. Payment Options & Due Dates »