Students enrolled in Black Hawk College career and technical education programs (any Certificate or AAS program) are preparing to live in a global society, compete in the workforce and be receptive to lifelong learning.
These students also may be eligible for assistance from Perkins Career Program Support Services. We are here to help you succeed!
SUPPORT SERVICES FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED IN CAREER PROGRAMS
The following services are available to any CTE student:
- Laptop Loan for the semester – Student Laptop Loan Application
- Academic advising
- Academic skills workshops
- Accommodations assistance
- Career assessment and exploration
- Tutor and study group support
- Referrals to community resources
Additionally, CTE students may be eligible to receive emergency assistance with textbooks, supplies, transportation, and/or internet service. Perkins Application Spring 2022 (PDF)
- Single Parent/Pregnant
- Diagnosed Disability
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
- In/Aged out of foster care system (students age 17-24)
- Preparing for Nontraditional occupation
- Receiving or eligible for Pell Grant
- Parent is Active Military and/or on Active Duty
These services funded through the Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act.
Throughout the year we also host special events for career students and promote career and technical education in the community.
- Faculty-assisted advising and registration
- Health Care Expo
- Dual credit career information sessions
Black Hawk College will make all educational and personnel decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran, except as specifically exempted by law. If you need an accommodation based on disability to fully participate in a program/event, please contact Disability Services at QC Campus (309) 796-5900; TTY (309) 796-5903, East Campus (309) 854-1713; TTY (309) 856-5202. Please allow sufficient time to make arrangements.