Students enrolled in Black Hawk College career and technical education programs are preparing to live in a global society, compete in the workforce and be receptive to lifelong learning.
These students also may qualify for assistance from Perkins Career Program Support Services. We are here to help you succeed!
• Displaced homemakers
• Single parents
• Persons with a disability
• Nontraditional occupation students (interested in a career not traditional for your gender)
• Students receiving or eligible for PELL
• Students with limited English proficiency
SUPPORT SERVICES FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED IN CAREER PROGRAMS
- Academic advising
- Career assessment and exploration
- Laptop loans for the semester
- Emergency financial assistance with textbooks, supplies and transportation
- Referrals to community resources
- Tutor and study group support
- Academic skills workshops
- Accommodations assistance
Throughout the year we also host special events for career students and promote career and technical education in the community.
- Faculty-assisted advising and registration
- Health Care Expo
- Multicultural Youth Summit
- Dual credit career information sessions
These services are funded by the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act of 2006.