START YOUR welding CAREER at black hawk college
We have both credit and non-credit programs which prepare students for careers in welding. Our Trade and Technical Programs are college credit programs, while the Business Training Center offers short-term, non-credit training. Not sure what works for you? Contact us for more information.
Short-Term Welding Programs
- Certificates in MIG or Stick/TIG welding (non-credit)
- Short term training (6-week class)
- 140 hours (40 classroom, 100 weld lab)
- Program does not qualify for Financial Aid
- Classes are held at the Industrial Training Lab Extension Center (ITLEC) in Moline
- Offered by the Black Hawk College Business Training Center
- Registration: Call 309-796-5718 or visit the BHC Business Training Center in Building 1 at the Quad-Cities Campus in Moline.
- Since 2004, this welding program has trained over 1500 people. We been recognized by industry/local manufactures as having one of the best welding programs in a 50-100 mile radius. Employers have come to our welding graduations looking to hire our students. 98% completion rate and a 98% satisfaction rate.
College Credit Welding Programs
- Certificates in Welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding or Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- One-semester or two-semester programs
- Two locations: East Moline and Kewanee
- Programs qualify for Financial Aid
- Registration: Submit contact form or apply to get started
- Dual credit high school courses offered throughout the district
- BHC Industrial Training Lab Extension Center (ITLEC) – Moline
- BHC Welding & Skilled Trades Center (WSTC) – Kewanee
- United Township High School (UTHS) – East Moline
“The welding course made learning fun and you can tell that the instructors enjoy what they do. I gained a lot of hands-on and classroom knowledge that I needed to know for my trade. I would take the class again just for fun! You can beat the price OR the confidence and experience that the BHC–BTC offers over more expensive programs.”
– Xavier Rodriguez