Production MIG Welding
This is a 140-hour Production MIG Welding class designed to train individuals on how to work as a welder in a production setting. The first 40 hours are dedicated to gases, symbols, blueprints, math and safety. The remaining 100 hours of class time are conducted in a weld lab area which involves hands-on experience with MIG welding and the demonstration of proper use of materials. While this is not a Deere & Company class, the curriculum of instruction has been approved by Deere. Anyone completing this program is considered “trainable” as a production MIG welder and should be seriously considered for employment. You must be in attendance and participate 95% of the time in order to receive a certificate from Black Hawk College.
Welding equipment* required for Production MIG Welding:
Welding hood, welding jacket, safety glasses, MIG welding gloves (purchase three pairs), welding beanie, steel-toed shoes, MIG gun pliers (welpers – blue handle) and a padlock for your locker. Clothing must be free of tears and rips.
This is a 140-hour SMAW (Stick) and GTAW (TIG) class designed to train individuals on how to work in a welding environment. The first 40 hours are dedicated to classroom training which includes gases, symbols, blueprints, math, safety, different types of Stick rods, different types of Tungsten and how and when each type is used. The remaining 100 hours of class time are conducted in a weld lab area which involves hands-on experience with Stick/TIG welding and the demonstration of the proper use of materials. You must be in attendance and participate 95% of the time in order to receive a certificate from Black Hawk College.
Welding equipment* required for Stick/TIG Welding:
Welding hood, welding jacket, safety glasses, Stick/MIG welding gloves (purchase two pair), TIG welding gloves (purchase one pair), welding beanie, steel-toed shoes and a padlock for your locker. Clothing must be free of tears and rips.
UPCOMING CLASSES FOR STICK/TIG OR MIG
Production MIG welding and Stick/TIG welding classes are offered several times throughout the year, day or night, and can go at the same time. They meet Monday through Friday along with one or two Saturdays.
- These programs are completely instructor-led, not independent study. Instructors are Red Johnson, Mark Helderman, Wally Long and Robert Clark.
- Attendance is taken daily and recorded for time in/out.
- A certificate of completion is earned from the college when participant’s attendance is 95% or better. A notation is added on your transcript as a permanent record of your learning as well.
Jan. 27- March 5, Monday-Friday
MIG or Stick/TIG – Day or Night Class
Production MIG (8 a.m. – 1 p.m.): CRN #10789 – 10790
Production MIG (4 p.m. – 9 p.m.): CRN #10793 – 10794
Stick/TIG (8 a.m. – 1 p.m.): CRN #10791 – 10792
Stick/TIG (4 p.m. – 9 p.m.): CRN #10795 – 10796
Graduation – March 6, 2020 (Friday)
No refunds after January 13
April 13 – May 20, Monday-Friday
MIG or Stick/TIG – Day or Night Class
Production MIG (8 a.m. – 1 p.m.): CRN #10799 – 10800
Production MIG (4 p.m. – 9 p.m.): CRN #10803 – 10804
Stick/TIG (8 a.m. – 1 p.m.): CRN #10801 – 10802
Stick/TIG (4 p.m. – 9 p.m.): CRN #10805 – 10806
Graduation – May 21, 2020 (Thursday)
No refunds after March 20
The tuition fee is $1,999 for each class (subject to change). Fee includes the cost of the book.
*Equipment is purchased by the student.
Location for all classes:
Black Hawk College Industrial Training Lab Extension Center (ITLEC)
3901 25th St.
Registration: Call 309-796-5718 or visit the Black Hawk College Business Training Center in Building 1 at the Quad-Cities Campus, 6600 34th Ave., Moline. This class does not have online registration.
Since these programs are not college credit, they do not qualify for financial aid.
- Black Hawk College has a deferred payment plan for these classes. Call 309-796-5718 for more information.
- For Illinois Veteran Grant assistance, contact the Financial Aid Office at 309-796-5400 or email@example.com.
- Iowa dislocated workers or lower income levels, call Iowa @ Work at 563-336-3499.
- Illinois dislocated workers or lower income levels, call Partners in Job Training at 309-788-7587.
Without incurring obligation, Black Hawk College reserves the right to:
- Cancel classes due to insufficient enrollment.
- Change the time, date or place of meeting.
- Make other revisions in course offerings which become necessary.
- No refunds will be issued two (2) weeks prior to class start date and thereafter.
- Please note refund request deadline on class schedule.