You can work part-time to earn money for your educational expenses under the Federal Work-Study Program. Work-study provides jobs for students with financial need based on the FAFSA. You are paid minimum wage for each hour worked. Black Hawk College offers positions both on-campus and off-campus in community service positions. You must be enrolled at least six credit hours to be eligible.
To apply for student employment, follow the steps below.
- Go to collegecentral.com/bhc and click on the student icon to register. You will need your BHC ID number.
- The first time, go to “Create An Account.”
- After the first time, go to “Sign In.”
- Once you have registered or logged in, go to “Search for Opportunities Posted to My School.”
- Put in “Black Hawk College” for the Company name in the search criteria.
You will see a list of current work-study openings at Black Hawk College. In most cases, they will want a résumé sent via College Central directly to them. See Career Services for assistance with your résumé and uploading into the system.