Reading and following all steps below will smooth your entry to Black Hawk College. Please attempt the steps below before seeking further assistance. For help, email an Advisor. Provide all relevant information in your communication with us.
We look forward to having you with us this semester!
STEP 1. Apply to attend BHC
For Program of Study on the application, choose *NDS – TRANSFER
- After two business days check your email for instructions on how to log into your myBlackHawk student portal and email: https://myblackhawk.bhc.edu/
STEP 2. Course descriptions and pre-requisite requirements
- See the current BHC catalog.
- For course transferability, use MyCreditsTransfer and Transferology.MyCreditsTransfer is designed to facilitate transfer within Illinois using the nationally available tool, Transferology. Find the courses that transfer between institutions, degree requirements your courses satisfy and different majors that institutions offer.Your home institution has the final say about accepting courses for transfer. Before registering, discuss your plans with your home institution.
STEP 3. Determine course availability
- Semester schedules and how to register: bhc.edu/schedules
- Seating availability and real time semester schedules: https://myblackhawk.bhc.edu/cp/home/displaylogin
STEP 4. Satisfy course pre-requisites before you register
A BHC Advisor will ask you to document that you’ve met any pre-requisite by providing unofficial transcripts of completed course work. An advisor may also request to see applicable placement scores.
Email a BHC advisor:
- Your email should include the BHC course (i.e. PSYC 101); your first name, middle initial, last name and your BHC ID#.
- Make a screen-shot of your transcript and attach it to an email to the Advising Center at ADVQC@bhc.edu. Do not send us a link to your transcript. In most cases we cannot open them due to password protection.
- The transcript must clearly include your name; the college name; course numbers, names and credits; attendance dates; final grades and cumulative GPA.
- An advisor will review your transcript and respond to you by email or phone. If you’ve met the prerequisite, the advisor will enter an override on your account so you can register.
STEP 5. Final details
- Online Learning Information: bhc.edu/online
- Tuition and fees, payment due dates, payment methods: bhc.edu/tuition or visit the Student Billing page in myBlackHawk.
- Book requirements, purchases and rentals: https://www.bhc.edu/on-campus/bookstore
- Financial Aid questions: Finaid@bhc.edu or 309-796-5400
- Campus Maps: bhc.edu/locations