A business degree provides knowledge and skills that translate across many roles and industries. This program helps you develop essential skills and knowledge required to enter or advance in today’s business job market. The curriculum emphasizes a practical, hands-on approach to understanding foundational business elements such as operations management, marketing, human resource management, accounting, and finance.
Students in this program have the opportunity to hone their business skills through practical application of business concepts, teamwork, and internships. A business advisory committee comprised of business professionals from a variety of industries ensures that business graduates are well equipped and have access to resources to land their dream job or launch their next business venture.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply and synthesize the functional areas of business to make sound business decisions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of traditional business functions including entrepreneurship, economics, leadership, management marketing, accounting and finance.
- Communicate in a variety of domains, including writing, speaking, listening and reading, while respecting the impact of technology on effective communication.
- Analyze and appreciate the role of cultural diversity and the impact of continuously changing global business environment in business decision making using the appropriate strategic framework.
- Evaluate the use of financial budgeting concepts to make sound decisions in managing personal finances.
- Employ critical thinking skills to evaluate the practical implications of organizational policies, decisions and strategy.
- Identify, evaluate and articulate defensible resolutions to practical social responsibility and ethical dilemmas.
Course (Credit Hours):
ACCT 170 Accounting Basics – Career I (3)
ACCT 171 Accounting Basics I – Lab (1)
BUSN 110 Introduction to Business (3)
BUSN 116 Business Relations (3)
BUSN 160 Business Math I (3)
CS 100 Introduction to Computers (3)
ACCT 180 Accounting Basics – Career II (3)
ACCT 181 Accounting Basics II – Lab (1)
BUSN 195 Personal Finance (3)
BUSN 220 Business Math II (3)
BUSN 242 Principles of Supervision or
BUSN 250 Human Resource Management (3)
BUSN 245 Business Entrepreneurship (3)
BL 201 Business Law I or
BL 202 Business Law II (3)
BUSN 230 Principles of Marketing (3)
BUSN 240 Principles of Management (3)
ECON 221 Principles of Macro Economics or
ECON 222 Principles of Micro Economics (3)
BUSN, ACCT, BE, BL, or SPEC Elective (3)
BUSN 266 Business Policy and Ethics (3)
BUSN 238 Sales Principles (3)
BUSN 247 Business Internship (3)
BUSN 249 Business Seminar (1)
BE 180 Business Communications (3)
*You may choose from the approved list of electives listed below:
Accounting Electives: ACCT 121, ACCT 123, ACCT 240, ACCT 290
Business Education Electives: BE 146, BE 264
Finance Electives: BUSN 210, BUSN 215, BUSN 252, BUSN 260, BL 202
International Business Electives: BUSN 270, BUSN 272
Marketing Electives: BUSN 236, BUSN 280, BUSN 284
Management Electives: BUSN 118, BUSN 121, BUSN 241, BUSN 242, BUSN 243, BUSN 250, BUSN 251, BUSN 252
SPEC Electives: SPEC 114 (Fall Only), SPEC 175 (Spring only)
Minimum total hours required for degree: 60