Deadline to enter BHC Foundation Holiday Card Contest
December 4 @ 5:00 pm
The Black Hawk College Quad-Cities Foundation is offering students the opportunity to get their artwork published on their annual holiday card. The BHC QC Foundation is looking for talented artists in a variety of artforms to design the front artwork for the 2023 season. Card submissions will be juried by the foundation and the art department.
All 2D media is accepted for consideration (including physical and digital works).
- Works must be proportional to 5”x7” (larger works can be scaled down).
- Layout can be done vertical or horizontal.
- Theme should be based around winter and/or the holiday season.
- Text may be incorporated but should not address one specific holiday (Christmas, New Year’s, etc.).
- BHC Quad-Cities Campus student.
- Currently enrolled in classes.
- All programs/degrees accepted.
Deliver all entries to art instructor Terrance Gray by Monday, Dec. 4 at 5 p.m. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Physical works should be delivered in person to the Quad-Cities Campus, Building 4, Room 124, and left on the back table. Please label works with the submission form (PDF).
- Digital submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Foundation Holiday Card Contest” and sent from your BHC email account. Please send the digital file and include the information on the submission form (PDF).
- The artist of the winning card will receive a foundation scholarship for the Spring 2024 semester. This scholarship is worth $300 and can go toward tuition, books, supplies and fees.
- Additionally, your card will be printed, published and distributed as the BHC QC Foundation’s official holiday card for the 2023 holiday season. The runner-up will receive a $100 gift card.