Celebrate 50 years of education with us!
The Black Hawk College East Campus 50th Anniversary Celebration will be Saturday, Oct. 7 from 2-6 p.m. at the East Campus.
Come enjoy live music, a free cookout, children’s activities (face painting, coin scramble, kiddie tractors and photo booth) and family fun!
Shuttle service to and from the parking area will be provided. All guests are requested to park in Parking Lot A. Everything will be going on as planned, but we will be inside.
- Equine Activities: Roping, Skeleton Painted on a Horse, Coloring, Barrel Racing, Saddle & Grooming, Nutrition, Farrier, Photo Booth
- Complimentary cookout featuring hot dogs, BHC-grown sweet corn, chips, and cupcakes
- Tractor Zone: Kiddie Tractors, Face Painting, Coin and Mini Pumpkin Scramble in the Hay
The event is free, but you can purchase a 50th anniversary T-shirt for only $10. They’re available at the East Campus Store and will be for sale at the celebration.
The Black Hawk College East Campus is located five miles south of Kewanee at 26230 Black Hawk Road, Galva.
For more information, contact Stacy Hertz at 309-854-1720 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
East Campus HIGHLIGHTS
The East Campus is situated on a 102-acre site with rolling hills and cultivated farming ground. The East Campus has specialized ag facilities, including an agricultural mechanics lab, equine facility, greenhouse and veterinary hospital. In addition, the campus offers many other career programs and transfer degrees to students preparing for either work or a four-year institution. Some of the recent campus enhancements include:
- Science Lab addition (opened 2013)
- Veterinary Sciences Center (opened 2016)
- The Brink sculpture (installed 2017)
EAST CAMPUS HISTORY
At the request of citizens from Kewanee, IL, Black Hawk College (originally established in Moline in 1946) expanded operations to communities in the southeastern portion of the district. Instruction was delivered at the Kewanee National Guard Armory and at Kewanee High School beginning in 1967. Instruction began at the present site of the East Campus in 1971. The Illinois Community College Board approved the College as one college with two campuses in 1989. In 2016, the BHC East Foundation hosted a ceremony and reception honoring the Murchison family who in 1852 homesteaded the land that became the East Campus.