Black Hawk College offers top-quality speakers to local community groups, churches, schools and businesses through the Black Hawk College Speakers Bureau.
All speakers are employees or retirees of Black Hawk College.
- The Benefits of Water Aerobics for All Ages
Eldon “Bud” Aupperle (retiree)
- Currier & Ives Dinnerware by Royal China Co.
Dr. Bill Hampes (retiree)
- The Colonel Davenport House
- Cowboy Courage: Westerns and the Portrayal of Bravery
- The Humor of Abraham Lincoln
- Humor and Personality
Dr. Bruce LeBlanc (retiree)
- Sexual Minorities: The Science of Sexual Orientation
- AIDS: The Current Facts
- AIDS: Reducing the Risks
- Let’s Talk About Sex
- Sex and Aging
- Creating a Meaningful Life
- Finding Your Own Spiritual Path
- Nez Perce/Native American Humanities (focus on singing)
- Writing Narration for the Sake of Personal Exploration
Becki Maxson (retiree)
- Careers in Health Care
- Cancer: Hope, Progress, Answers
- The Gift of Life: Organ Donation Fact vs. Fiction
- Three Billion Beats
- Health and Wellness for a Long and Happy Life
- What Every Person/Patient Needs to Know About Their Health Care
- The Talk (No, not sex): What We Need to Do Before We Die
KeeKee Pregracke (retiree)
- Chad Pregracke’s River Cleanup Projects
Once you find a speaker who interests your organization, complete our online Speakers Bureau Request Form here to request the speaker. Please allow at least four weeks to arrange a speaking engagement.
In order to schedule a speaker, we will need to know the following:
- Your organization’s name and contact person
- Presentation date, time and location
- Speaker’s name and topic desired
- Approximate audience size and age group
- Desired length of presentation
When requesting a speaker, have a second and third choice in case a speaker is not available, or alternate dates if a particular speaker is desired.
Thank you for your interest in the Black Hawk College Speakers Bureau.
Public Relations Specialist & Speakers Bureau Coordinator