Black Hawk College offers top-quality speakers to local community groups, churches, schools and businesses through the Black Hawk College Speakers Bureau.
All speakers are employees or retirees of Black Hawk College and come from departments and disciplines across the college.
- The Benefits of Water Aerobics for All Ages
Eldon “Bud” Aupperle (retiree)
- Currier & Ives Dinnerware by Royal China Co.
Dr. Bill Hampes (retiree)
- The Colonel Davenport House
- The Humor of Abraham Lincoln
- Humor and Personality
Bill Hannan (retiree)
- The Big Radio
- The Big Radio II
- Tutankhamen: The Final Journey
- Looking for Black Hawk or Someone Like Him
- The Christmas Card Affair
- My Kid Just Won’t Listen!
- Raising Kids to Be Responsible (Love and Logic Overview)
Dr. Bruce LeBlanc (retiree)
- Sexual Minorities: The Science of Sexual Orientation
- AIDS: The Current Facts
- AIDS: Reducing the Risks
- Let’s Talk About Sex
- Sex and Aging
- Creating a Meaningful Life
- Finding Your Own Spiritual Path
- Nez Perce/Native American Humanities (focus on singing)
- Writing Narration for the Sake of Personal Exploration
Lawrence Lorensen (retiree)
- The American Political System
- Political Parties, Interest Groups and Political Campaigns
- The Role of State and Local Governments in the American Political System
Becki Maxson (retiree)
- Careers in Health Care
- Cancer — Hope, Progress, Answers
- The Gift of Life: Organ Donation Fact vs. Fiction
- Three Billion Beats
- Health and Wellness for a Long and Happy Life
- What Every Person/Patient Needs to Know About Their Health Care
- Solid, Surprising, Sublime: An Insider’s Tour of the Illinois State Capitol
KeeKee Pregracke (retiree)
- Chad Pregracke’s River Cleanup Projects
Dr. Bruce Storey
- Exploring Careers
- Job Search for the 21st Century
- History of Baseball
- The Magic of Disney World
Once you find a speaker who interests your organization, complete our online Speakers Bureau Request Form here to request the speaker. Please allow at least four weeks to arrange a speaking engagement.
In order to schedule a speaker, we will need to know the following:
- Your organization’s name and contact person
- Presentation date, time and location
- Speaker’s name and topic desired
- Approximate audience size and age group
- Desired length of presentation
When requesting a speaker, have a second and third choice in case a speaker is not available, or alternate dates if a particular speaker is desired.
Thank you for your interest in the Black Hawk College Speakers Bureau.
Public Relations Specialist & Speakers Bureau Coordinator