Eighteen student-athletes recently earned All-Academic Team honors from the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) for their 2021-22 overall GPAs.
The NJCAA 2021-22 All-Academic Teams salute student-athletes across the country for their dedication in the classroom. To qualify, student-athletes must have completed at least 24 credit hours during the 2021-22 school year and two full-time semesters overall.
“It is exciting to have 18 student-athletes earn a spot on this list,” said Arnie Chavera, BHC athletic director.
“This recognition by the NJCAA is a distinct honor that each of the students should be very proud of. I certainly know that their coaches are proud of them,” he said.
Congratulations to these student-athletes!
NJCAA All-Academic First Team: 4.00 GPA
- Maverick Chisholm of Milan – baseball
- Brook Harms of Geneseo – women’s soccer
- Dalton Kottmer of Silvis – baseball
- Patrick Mulcahey of Bloomington – baseball
- Jayden Schuette of Quincy – women’s basketball
- Sam Spurgetis of Moline – golf
- AJ Urban of Omaha, NE – baseball
NJCAA All-Academic Second Team: 3.80-3.99 GPA
- Natalie Adams of Davenport, IA – volleyball
- Colin Bruce of Naperville – baseball
- Kenadie Buysee of Cleveland – softball
- Ryne Schimmel of Moline – baseball
NJCAA All-Academic Third Team: 3.60-3.79 GPA
- Madalynn Brummit of Rock Island – softball
- Ethan Luzum of Calmar, IA – baseball
- Alexis Mulvehill of Bettendorf, IA – softball
- Reid Murphy of Silvis – baseball
- Payton Plym of Seatonville – baseball
- Adysson Scott of Prophetstown – softball
- Carley Whitsell of Milan – women’s basketball