Two Black Hawk College teams and 18 student-athletes recently earned All-Academic Team honors from the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA).
The NJCAA 2020-21 All-Academic Teams salute student-athletes across the country for their dedication in the classroom.
“I am extremely proud of our student-athletes as they demonstrated resilience during this past academic year,” said Arnie Chavera, BHC athletic director.
“Their perseverance and tenacity are being recognized, and their efforts are certainly appreciated,” he said.
Congratulations to these teams and student-athletes!
NJCAA Academic Teams of the Year – Teams must earn a 3.0 GPA or higher for the 2020-21 school year.
- Women’s basketball – 3.46 GPA
- Softball – 3.35 GPA
NJCAA All-Academic Team individual awards – Eighteen student-athletes were honored for their overall GPA earned during the 2020-21 school year.
NJCAA All-Academic First Team: 4.00 GPA
- Dawsyn Hartman of Geneseo, IL – softball
- Brad Niedzwiedz of Batavia, IL – baseball
- Erica Smith of Bettendorf, IA – volleyball
- Megan Teal of Delavan, IL – women’s basketball
- Filip Timotija of Banja Luka, Bosnia – men’s basketball
NJCAA All-Academic Second Team: 3.80-3.99 GPA
- Grant Baker of Bartlett, IL – baseball
- Kenadie Buysse of Cleveland, IL – softball
- Alexis Mulvehill of Bettendorf, IA – softball
- Lexi Nichols of Kewanee, IL – women’s basketball
- Peyton Perez of Peoria, IL – golf
NJCAA All-Academic Third Team: 3.60-3.79 GPA
- Jasmine Bell of Silvis, IL – women’s basketball
- Madalynn Brummitt of Rock Island, IL – softball
- Alexis Grove of Belton, MO – volleyball
- Alex Heckroth of Blue Grass, IA – baseball
- Petey Kiefer of Waterford, CT – baseball
- Dalton Kottmer of Colona, IL – baseball
- Olivia Renken of Farmington, IL – softball
- Carly Whitsell of Milan, IL – women’s basketball