Black Hawk College student-athletes earned awards from the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) for their academic achievements in 2019-20.
Congratulations to these teams and student-athletes!
NJCAA Academic Teams of the Year – Teams must earn a 3.0 GPA or higher for the 2019-20 school year.
- Women’s basketball – 3.33 GPA
- Softball – 3.19 GPA
- Volleyball – 3.11 GPA
- Golf – 3.01 GPA
- Baseball – 3.00 GPA
NJCAA All-Academic individual awards – Seventeen student-athletes were honored for GPAs they earned during the 2019-20 school year.
NJCAA All-Academic First Team (4.0 GPA)
- Brad Niedzwiedz, Batavia HS (IL) – baseball
- Jessica Stice, Rockridge HS (IL) – women’s basketball
- Filip Timotija, Bella Vista Prep (Bosnia) – men’s basketball
NJCAA All-Academic Second Team (3.80-3.99 GPA)
- Anthony Barrios, Alleman HS (IL) – baseball
- Grayce Gordon, Moline HS (IL) – volleyball
- Sierra Gregoire, Durant HS (IA) – volleyball
- Olivia Renken, Farmington Central HS (IL) – softball
- Madison Whitmore, Fulton HS (IL) – softball
NJCAA All-Academic Third Team (3.60-3.79 GPA)
- Ely Adams, Pleasant Valley HS (IA) – baseball
- Grant Baker, South Elgin HS (IL) – baseball
- Drew Davis, Illini Bluffs HS (IL) – baseball
- Nolan Griffin, Moline HS (IL) – men’s basketball
- Sydney Hannam, Canton HS (IL) – women’s basketball
- Kiir Mabor, Bismarck South HS (ND) – men’s basketball
- Chris McFarland, Alleman HS (IL) – baseball
- Madelyn Singley, Midwest Central HS (IL) – women’s basketball
- Megan Teal, Delavan HS (IL) – women’s basketball