Yes. Once activated, the new BHC ID & Money Card will replace your current BHC student ID for building entry, library services, printing services, and identification on campus. And ride the Metro Bus FREE with your card.
Refunds Archives - Black Hawk College
The BHC Money Card can be used to make purchases wherever Debit MasterCard® is accepted. It’s important to note that the BHC Money Card is not a credit card, but rather a debit card backed by the purchasing power of the MasterCard® Network.
Yes. You may have your refund deposited to the bank of your choice. In order to have your refund deposited to your bank, activate your refund preference as soon as you receive the card by clicking here. During the activation process, select ACH Transfer to other bank for your refund preference and simply complete, print, and send the required third party form to the designated address. The form will be available online during the activation process.
How will I know when my Financial Aid or other refund has been direct deposited to my Black Hawk College OneAccount?
BankMobile will send an email to the address you entered during activation when your refund has been deposited to your account. Additionally, you can view the details of your OneAccount by accessing your statement online at BHCMoneyCard.com or by signing up to receive text messages sent directly to your cell phone with Mobile Alerts.
- Depositing your refund to the OneAccount and selecting an Easy Refund is the quickest way to gain access to your refund money.
- The BHC Money Card is not a credit card. However you can use it for purchases at all participating merchants that accept Debit MasterCard, get cash at ATMs, pay bills and more.
- Parents and friends can easily send you money online with a simple e-mail and a linked bank account.
The OneAccount is a fully functioning FDIC Insured checking account with no minimum balance and no monthly fees. Selecting the OneAccount allows you to access your Financial Aid refunds quicker and easier than ever before and offers a world of great benefits such as:
- FREE Internet banking features
- The ability to make purchases anywhere Debit MasterCard® is accepted.
- You may also withdraw cash with no fees at the Higher One ATM located on campus.
- Easy Refund to the OneAccount (refunds available the same day BHC releases them).
- ACH Transfer to other bank (refunds available 2-3 business days).
Even if you’re already receiving a refund from Black Hawk College, you are required to activate your refund preference as soon as you receive your card. It only takes a minute to activate your refund preference with BHC and Higher One to avoid any delays in getting your refund.
Although you might not currently expect a refund from Black Hawk College, we may have a refund for you in the future. After all, it may be necessary to drop a class, a class may be canceled, or you may simply receive a scholarship or assistance you were not anticipating. Selecting your preferred method to receive refunds from BHC ensures you’ll always receive your refunds in a timely manner.
Students need to have their picture taken at the Campus Police Department. Black Hawk College students will receive a BHC Money Card from Higher One in the mail at their primary address on file with BHC. It is important that the Enrollment Services office has your current address on file as the ID card will not be forwarded to a different address.