You can register for classes, pay for tuition, view grades, read announcements and more in myBlackHawk. Once you’ve been admitted as a Black Hawk College student, the college issues you a myBlackHawk login ID. To look up your ID, follow the steps below.
- Look up myBlackHawk login ID.
- Fill out the form and click “Get My ID” button.
- You’ll receive your BHC student ID# (starts with 900) and username.
- Initial password is a random 8-character PIN sent to you with your acceptance letter.
- Answer the seven secret questions with simple, one-word answers.
- Be sure to answer the seven secret questions with simple, one-word answers.
- If you have not done this or have typed in gibberish, go back and correct by:
- Logging into myBlackHawk.
- Click on My Account.
- Next to your name on the home page.
- Click on Change Security Questions and Answers.
- If you get locked out of your account:
- Wait 15 minutes before retrying. The system will reset itself.
- If you do not remember your password, use the Forgot Password link to reset.
- Even if the system has locked you out, you can still reset your own password. However, the new password will not allow access for 15 minutes.
Emergency Notification System
Students are encouraged to register their contact information with the college’s Emergency Notification System to receive the most immediate and accurate information about college closings or class cancellations. Black Hawk College requests that students include all contact information that will enable the timely delivery of a voice, text or email message in the event of an emergency. This feature collects contact information for notification of emergencies on an opt-in basis. You may opt-in or opt-out at any time.
To register with the Emergency Notification System, log in to myBlackHawk. Look for the red Emergency button on the home page and click to enroll or update your contact information.
For more information about the Emergency Notification System, contact the Black Hawk College Police Department at 309-796-5913.
Students also may check the college’s website and the announcements in myBlackHawk to see if classes have been canceled or if the college has closed its facilities. The college will notify local media outlets in the event of a college-wide closing, but information usually will be posted on the home page and myBlackHawk first.
All students are assigned a mymail.bhc.edu email account that becomes the official vehicle for communication from the college. The email account is accessed through myBlackHawk. Be sure to check your mymail.bhc.edu mailbox frequently for important information about your classes and the college.
You can set your mymail.bhc.edu email to be forwarded to other email addresses. Log in to myBlackHawk and click on the “My Mail” icon at the top. Click the gear icon, then choose Settings. Click the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab and enter the email address you would like all messages to be forwarded to. Follow the rest of the instructions and save changes.
More details and instructions about myBlackHawk:
Guide to MyBlackHawk (PDF)
Guide to myBlackHawk for Dual Credit Students (PDF)