How to register as a dual credit student
- Meet with your high school counselor to obtain permission to apply to the program.
- Apply to Black Hawk College. This is only needed the first time you take college classes.
- Complete Placement Testing.Take the placement test in English, reading and mathematics. Qualifying ACT or SAT scores may be used in lieu of the placement test.
- Take the completed High School Student Registration Form to your high school counselor to register for courses. This form requires your signature and the signatures of your parent/guardian and a high school official. You MUST complete this form EACH semester you wish to take dual enrollment/dual credit courses.
- Pay tuition if required. Contact your high school counselor about costs and possible tuition assistance.
- If you want to receive high school credit in addition to college credit for the course, it is your responsibility to contact your high school.
Home-schooled students: Follow same procedure as above except parent/guardian completes form as school official.
High school counselor contacts
Area high school counselors – East Campus
Area high school counselors – Quad-Cities Campus