The Student Government Association (SGA) is the officially recognized student governance body for Black Hawk College. It is composed of 14 senators, including executive officers, and the opportunity for any Black Hawk College student to be a part of one or more of the standing committees: Activities, Volunteerism, and Governing, as well as other committees, such as the Inter-Club Council Committee. Senators are appointed by the outgoing Senate once a year through an application and interview process.
What does SGA do?
- ENHANCES the quality of college life for Black Hawk College students.
- GOVERNS student organizations.
- PROVIDES activities, volunteer and leadership opportunities on campus.
Who are the SGA leaders?
President: leader of SGA
Vice President: assists President
Secretary: record keeper
Financial Administrator: financial officer
Senators: voice of SGA, votes on issues
Want to be a student leader?
- Gain leadership skills
- Enhance your résumé and university application
- Leave your legacy at Black Hawk College
- Attend leadership conferences
Interested in participating? Next steps:
- If you are a student interested in being a part of the SGA please fill out the Student Government Association Application by Friday, April 21, 2017 at 1 p.m. Once we receive your application, we will contact you regarding the possibility of an interview.
- If you are a faculty member that would like to nominate a student to participate in the SGA please fill out the Student Government Association Nomination Form for Faculty.
- If you are a staff member that would like to nominate a student to participate in the SGA please fill out the Student Government Association Nomination Form for Staff.
For more information about Student Government Association at Black Hawk College, contact us.
We look forward to your comments and feedback. Please use our online comment form by clicking here.
Last updated 03/01/2017