Welcome to Black Hawk College! As you navigate to your classes, please pardon our dust.
Some construction is underway as we work on improving our facilities at both the Quad-Cities Campus and the East Campus.
Before we go into that, though, let’s talk logistics. Here are some quick facts that can help you get around campus.
At the Quad-Cities Campus:
- Buildings 1, 2, 3 and 4 are all connected so you can navigate between them while staying inside if you want.
- The numbers for Buildings 1 through 4 reflect the order they were built in, not their locations.
- The Sustainable Technologies Building is attached to Building 2.
- The Health Sciences Center is the only building not connected to the others, and it is near Building 3.
At the East Campus:
- Buildings A, B, C and the Science Lab are all connected.
- The Greenhouse is near the Science Lab.
- Building 5 – Ag Pavilion and Building 7 – Ag Arena are on the east side of campus.
- Buildings 1, 2, 3 and 4 are located together between Buildings A, B, and C and Building 5 – Ag Pavilion.
- The Veterinary Sciences Center and Animal Ward are on the west side of campus.
Click here for campus maps.
OK, now back to that dust!
If you are at the Quad-Cities Campus, you will see quite a bit of activity in Building 1 as renovations occur and a 9,000-square-foot, two-story addition is built.
Groundbreaking happened in March 2018, with completion set for August 2019.
More classrooms, offices and a courtyard are in the works. While the construction is in progress, a few offices you might need to visit are in temporary places.
Please visit Financial Aid and the Bursar’s Office in the Sustainable Technologies Building until they are able to move into their newly remodeled space.
These offices are scheduled to be moved back into Building 1 in September 2018.
East Campus Buildings 1 and 2 were renovated this summer. Renovations included HVAC updates, new LED lighting, and moving data and power from floor poles to wall mounted.
Students at East Campus will see the new stables project that is underway.
Building 6 was torn down in preparation for a new building. Building 5 – Ag Pavilion, which also has stalls, will be renovated in summer 2019 with completion by Fall 2019.
The stables project is increasing the amount of stalls at East Campus by 25, making the total future count 94. Building 5’s renovation will also include electrical and plumbing updates.
In Building 7 – Ag Arena supplemental heating and ceiling fans for circulation have been added. Work is wrapping up quickly, but you will notice the improvements.
Our Outreach Center in East Moline received classroom and HVAC system upgrades.
We can’t wait until students can start enjoying these changes at Black Hawk College! We are excited to have you here with us as we grow.