Are you ready to apply and get started at Black Hawk College? Apply online now and within two business days, your application will be processed. After that, you will receive a welcome letter via email if an address is provided, or regular mail. We are excited as you begin a new chapter in your life at Black Hawk College!
Please have these ready before starting an application:
- Debit card or credit card to pay the $20 application fee, effective on April 5, 2016, and after.
- Student ID number, if you are a returning Black Hawk College student. If you have been out of attendance over two years you must apply again and pay the application fee.
- If you currently attend another college and would also like to take a summer, online or minimester class(es) at Black Hawk College, click here for step-by-step instructions.
If you would rather submit a paper Application for Admission. The paper application may take longer to process than the online application.
We recommend that you apply at least one week before you take a placement test or register for classes.
You must have a U.S. Social Security number in order to apply online to Black Hawk College. If you are an international student, click here.
We have an “open door” admission policy for anyone who is:
- A high school graduate, has a GED certificate, OR demonstrates college readiness
- At least 18 years old
- A transfer student from another college or university
Students under 18 may qualify for Early Entry or dual enrollment.
- Once your application is processed, you may access myBlackHawk to register for classes, pay tuition, view grades, read announcements, and more. If you are a new student, you will need to set up your account. Click here for instructions to set up a myBlackHawk account.
- After you receive your welcome email or letter review the registration checklist for the next steps.
Last updated 3/29/2015