Located in the Gust E. Lundberg Library at East Campus, Studio BHE is a user-friendly video recording studio with many applications for students and faculty.
Use Studio BHE for:
- Presentation practice
- Green screen recording
- Video demonstrations
- Online course introductions
HOW TO USE STUDIO BHE
1) Set up your background: You can use the television screen to share a PowerPoint, a backdrop, or use the green screen. The lighting can be adjusted based on your background.
2) Plug in your flash drive: It is recommended you use a flash drive with a minimum of 1 GB of memory available. 25 minutes of video will require approximately 1 GB of memory.
3) Press Record to start recording your video: The light will flash 3 times. When the light is solid, the recording has started.
4) Press Stop to end the video recording: The video will save in a .MV4 format.
5) Remove your flash drive: Do not remove your flash drive too quickly or the file will not have time to save.
RESERVE STUDIO BHE
- Reservations for a 30-minute time slot can be made at the Library circulation desk. During peak times, users may be limited to a maximum of 60 minutes per day.
- If no reservation is present, the room is available on a first come, first served basis.
STUDIO BHE USE POLICIES
- No food or drink is allowed in the studio.
- Anyone using Studio BHE must do so in compliance with the Computer Security and Responsible Use Policy found in the Black Hawk College Board Policy Manual Section 8.9.
- The first priority of the Studio BHE is to support student and faculty academic activities. Guest may use the studio for up to 60 minutes per day, when available. Guests must sign-in at the circulation desk. During peak times, the studio may be reserved for student-use only.
The Library has the following items available for use with Studio BHE:
- Back drop
- Green screen
- Presentation remote
- HDMI cable
You may want to edit your video post-production. There are many software options and tutorials available for this. However, at this time, the Library does not have staff who will be available to offer post-production assistance.
THANK YOU TO THESE SPONSORS
Studio BHE was made possible by:
- Employees & Friends of BHC East Campus
- Agri-Business Club Alumni
- Laila & Henry Lawrence Library Technology Fund
- 2019 e4e Employee Giving Campaign