What is Exit Counseling?

Loan borrowers are required to participate in Federal Loan Exit Counseling after graduating, withdrawing, or dropping to less than 6 credit hours, even if they intend transfer to another institution. Black Hawk College will mail a letter with Exit Counseling information.

Black Hawk College has contracted with HigherEDGE to make sure you have the support you need to succeed in loan repayment. HigherEDGE will be contacting you soon after Exit Counseling letters are sent. HigherEDGE provides information and resources during your grace period and throughout repayment.