Some students may be exempt from parts of the ACCUPLACER test under two conditions:
– Students who have taken the ACT or SAT test within the past two years and scored appropriately in the individual English, Reading or Math tests do not have to take the corresponding ACCUPLACER test:
- ACT 22 or higher in English, or SAT 480 or higher in Reading, exempts you from the ACCUPLACER writing test
- ACT 22 or higher in Reading, or SAT 480 or higher in Reading, exempts you from the ACCUPLACER reading test
- ACT 22 or higher in Math exempts you from the ACCUPLACER pre-algebra test, however you are required to take the ACCUPLACER Algebra test.
– Students who have completed courses, or taken a placement test such as ASSET or ACCUPLACER at another college or university may be exempt from portions of the ACCUPLACER test. These students should first see an advisor or counselor before taking the ACCUPLACER test. Documentation is required and must be reviewed by an advisor to determine which portions of the ACCUPLACER test are needed for course placement. You will need to bring an unofficial copy of your college transcript or ASSET/ACCUPLACER scores when you come to the Advising Center to see an advisor. Without documentation, students will be required to take the entire ACCUPLACER test for course placement. Placement test scores from other colleges and universities that are not ASSET or ACCUPLACER scores cannot be used for course placement at Black Hawk College.