I got my bill and I owe a lot more than I thought I would. I moved back here from another state. Could that be the reason?

Yes, you must live within the college district for 30 days prior to the first day of the term to get in-district rates. If you previously reported you lived outside of the district, you must provide proof of residency. Examples of proof would include a current Illinois state-issued drivers’ license or ID, vehicle registration, voter registration card or a billing statement. Any of these items must be dated 30 days prior to the beginning of the term.