Welcome! Take these steps to begin your successful journey as a new student:
- Complete the Hawk’s Journey which is designed to guide you along your unique path and answer questions such as, “Do I need to complete the placement test?”
- Contact Advising to schedule an appointment to register for classes once you’ve completed necessary steps in Hawk’s Journey.
NEW STUDENTS, CURRENT AND RETURNING STUDENTS
Students are encouraged to schedule an advising appointment. There are two ways you can make an appointment:
• Online through your myBlackHawk account. Open the ‘Student’ tab and then click on the link “Schedule an Appointment with an East Campus Advisor”
• By calling 309-854-1709.
New Students: You must complete the following BEFORE you meet with your Advisor. Do not schedule an appointment until you complete the following:
1. Complete the Application for Admissions at www.bhc.edu/apply (There is a $20 fee to apply)
2. Know your Student ID number (900-xx-xxxx) and be able to give that number to your Educational Advisor. Your student ID number will be assigned to you once you complete your application for admissions.
3. Complete the Accuplacer placement testing (schedule an appointment by calling the testing center at 309-854-1732) or bring a paper copy of your ACT or SAT scores with you to your advising appointment if your program requires general education courses.
ALL transfer majors require Accuplacer testing or ACT/SAT scores.
If you plan on majoring in Equine Science, Non-transfer AG Production, Non-transfer Ag Business, Vet Assisting, Welding, Ag Mech or Auto, you DO NOT need to take the Accuplacer test or have your ACT/SAT scores available for your Advisor.
Questions about scheduling and appointment!? Please call the Scheduling Assistant at: 309-854-1709
Current Students: If you have already met with your Advisor and are requesting changes to your schedule, changes can be made, by you, through your myBlackhawk account. On the homepage of your myBlackhawk account, click on the ‘Student’ tab. Next click on ‘Registration’. Next click ‘Add or Drop Classes’. A paper registration form is available for students when they do not use online registration. If the student uses the Black Hawk College Student Registration Paper Form, it must be returned to Enrollment Services on the East Campus. On the East Campus, forms are available in Enrollment Services and the Advising Center.
Coordinator of Orientation and Student Life and Educational Advisor