The Career Services Center at Black Hawk College offers the following job search services:
- Online job search at College Central Network
- O*NET Online – The O*NET interactive program provides users free and easy access to detailed information regarding duties, requirements, salary, education, etc. for over 900 occupations. Information is updated regularly to make it relevant to our changing workforce.
- Assistance with USA Jobs system for the Rock Island Arsenal or other federal jobs.
Interviews and student jobs
- Develop and critique résumés, cover letters and applications
- Interview skills
- Job shadowing
- Informational or mock interviews
- Student internships or work-study jobs
- Job leads, full- and part-time
- Job advisement
- Job retention skills
- School-to-work transitions
- Job search strategies
- Job-retention skills
Job openings are posted in the Career Services Center, on the job boards around the Quad-Cities Campus, at the Black Hawk College Outreach Center, and on social media at no cost to employers or job-seekers.
College Central Network
Students, alumni and community members may search for jobs locally and nationwide by using the Black Hawk College job placement website at www.collegecentral.com/bhc. This service is free for everyone. Once you have registered on the website, you may search through all the current jobs in the system and upload your résumé to be reviewed and approved by Career Services. After being approved, you may choose to have it available for employers to see. In addition, you will be able to send your résumé directly to employers, and allow the Career Services Center to recommend you for jobs.
Employers may post jobs at our College Central Network website – www.collegecentral.com/bhc. This service is free for all employers. Once employers register and their accounts have been reviewed and approved, an email about setting up a password will be sent. After the account is established, employers may post jobs or internships, review résumés, contact applicants directly, allow résumés to be sent directly to them, and sort through interested candidates.