This certificate is only offered as a one-year program with a fall start, offered at East Campus only.
The Veterinary Assisting Certificate program is a one-year program that prepares students to become a member of the veterinary health care team, who aids the veterinarian and veterinary technician perform daily tasks. Veterinary assistants are employed primarily in veterinary clinics and hospitals and may perform the following duties:
- Kennel work
- Assisting with the handling of animals
- Feeding and exercising animals
- Cleaning and setting up equipment
- Clerical work
- High school graduation or equivalent.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in essential skills required during practical labs, exams, and clinical/field work experiences.
|BIOL 150 Medical Terminology||3|
|VT 100 Intro to Veterinary Technology (online)||2|
|VA 147 Vet Clinical I||4|
|BIOL 100 Introduction to Biology||4|
|HIM 251 Medical Office Procedures||3|
|VT 102 Interpersonal Communication||3|
|VT 160 Vet Tech Pharmacology||3|
|VT 203 Vet Ethics and Critical Thinking (online)||2|
|VA 247 Vet Clinical II||4|
|VA 261 Seminar||1|
|VA 265 Internship||3|
Minimum total hours required for degree: 32