This program is designed to help you understand the elements necessary for starting a new business or more successfully manage your existing business.
During this class you will:
- Become familiar with the elements that are vital to starting and sustaining a small business.
- Understand the format and requirements for developing a business plan.
- Obtain knowledge of resources available to small business owners.
- Engage with others who are starting a business.
- Hear from guest speakers who have been through a business startup.
- Earn a completion certificate to present to prospective lenders.
Topics covered in this non-credit course:
- Is Owning a Small Business for you?
- Expenses Sales, Profits – What Do the Numbers Mean?
- Financing a Small Business
- Human Resources
- How to Market and Promote a Small Business
- Understanding a Business Plan
- Business Ownership Structures, Taxes, and Business Insurance
- Accounting Tools
- Utilizing Technology, Internet, Email, and Social Media as Business Tools
- Managing a Small Business
Training Instructor: Bryce Palar
9 Tuesdays Feb. 13 – Apr. 10 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
CRN 11403 Bldg 1 – Balcony Rm. B13 Tuition Fee $450
Contact person: Susan Llewellyn 309-796-5716 firstname.lastname@example.org