Instructor: T. Nelson, DPT
Job growth expected to be 30% through 2026.
Prerequisite: The ability to lift peers to practice transferring of patient/client during practice lab.
Prepare to perform duties as an entry-level physical therapy aide. Learn the history of physical therapy, physical therapy medical terminology, sanitation, professional communication, body mechanics, therapeutic exercise, gait and mobility, assistive devices, transferring of patient/client, positioning of patient/client and physical modality set-up and delivery. Professionalism, attendance and patient handling skills are emphasized. Required: Three hours or more of a job shadow event in a physical therapy environment of your choice to be scheduled with instructor’s assistance. Lab (hands-on) practice weekly.
The Physical Therapy Aide Specialist Certification exam (CPTAS) is available through the National Career Certification Board (NCCB) upon successful completion of the class
13 Fridays Mar. 1 – May 31 9:00 a.m. – Noon
CRN 11181 HSC – Rm. 119 Tuition Fee $649
(No class on Apr. 19)
Before the first class, purchase required textbook at www.bhc.edu/bookstore.
Required Textbook Purchasing Procedure:
- For a list of PaCE textbooks, visit www.bhc.edu/bookstore
- Click on campus location (Hawk’s Hub (QC) or East Campus).
- Click on (Order Textbooks) in the Textbooks box.
- Select Term (Spring 19), Select Department (Adult Ed)
- Click on your course name under Select Course and click (Add Selection).
- Click on (Get Course Materials) to see your book title.
- Payment options – debit, credit, or pay at pickup.
- Delivery options – ship to home, pick up at East Campus or pick up at Quad-Cities Campus.