Job growth expected to be 12% through 2026.
Prerequisite: Above average math skills are recommended.
Set yourself on the path as a pharmacy technician at a hospital, retail, home infusion, or mail-order pharmacy.
Topics will include:
- Classifications of drugs (brand name and generic)
- Medical terminology related to pharmacy
- Medication compounding and proper handling procedures
- Intravenous and chemotherapy drugs
- Basic pharmacy math and medication dosage conversions
- Prescription requirements and interpretation
- Inventory control, billing procedures, legal and moral obligations of personnel
- I.V. drip rates and medication dispensing
Please bring a calculator to class.
The Pharmacy Technician Certification exam (PTCB) is available upon successful completion of the class.
Instructor: C. Follis
15 Mondays Feb. 4 – May 20 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.
CRN 11172 Kewanee CEC – Rm. 124 Tuition Fee $725
(No class Feb. 18)
Instructor: J. Jefferson
15 Wednesdays Feb. 6 – May 15 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.
CRN 11173 Bldg. 3 – Rm. 202 Tuition Fee $725
Before the first class, purchase required textbook at www.bhc.edu/bookstore.
Please note – The East Campus Store is a pickup location for pre-ordered textbooks only. This store does not have textbooks in store for same day purchase. Please be prepared for class and order at least three (3) business days before you need your textbook.
Required Textbook Purchasing Procedure:
- For a list of PaCE textbooks, visit www.bhc.edu/bookstore
- Click on campus location (Hawk’s Hub (QC) or East Campus).
- Click on (Order Textbooks) in the Textbooks box.
- Select Term (Spring 2019), Select Department (Adult Ed)
- Click on your course name under Select Course and click (Add Selection).
- Click on (Get Course Materials) to see your book title.
- Payment options – debit, credit, or pay at pickup.
- Delivery options – ship to home, pick up at East Campus or pick up at Quad-Cities Campus.