Job growth expected to be 12% through 2026.
Prerequisite: Above average math skills are recommended.
Set yourself on the path as a pharmacy technician at a hospital, retail, home infusion or mail-order pharmacy.
Topics will include:
- Classifications of drugs (brand name and generic)
- Medical terminology related to pharmacy
- Medication compounding and proper handling procedures
- Intravenous and chemotherapy drugs
- Basic pharmacy math and medication dosage conversions
- Prescription requirements and interpretation
- Inventory control, billing procedures, legal and moral obligations of personnel
- I.V. drip rates and medication dispensing
Please bring a calculator to class. Before the first class, purchase required textbook at www.bhc.edu/bookstore.
*Please note – The East Campus Bookstore is a pickup location for pre-ordered textbooks only. This store does not have textbooks in store for same day purchase. Please be prepared for class and order at least three (3) business days before you need your textbook.
The Pharmacy Technician Certification exam (PTCB) is available upon successful completion of the class.
Instructor: C. Follis, CPht
15 Mondays Aug. 19 – Dec. 16 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.
CRN 81157 Kewanee CEC – Rm. 124 Tuition Fee $735
(No class Sept. 2, Oct. 14, and Nov. 11)
Instructor: J. Jefferson, CPht
15 Wednesdays Sept. 4 – Dec. 11 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.
CRN 81158 Bldg. 3 – Rm. 202 Tuition Fee $735
Required Textbook Purchasing Procedure
For a list of PaCE textbooks, visit www.bhc.edu/bookstore.
- Click on campus location (Hawk’s Hub (QC) or East Campus).
- Click on (Order Textbooks) in the Textbooks box.
- Select Term (Fall 19), Select Department (Adult Ed)
- Click on your course name under Select Course and click (Add Selection).
- Click on (Get Course Materials) to see your book title.
- Payment options – debit, credit, or pay at pickup.
- Delivery options – ship to home, pick up at East Campus or pick up at Quad-Cities Campus.