Instructor: J. Jefferson, CPhT
Prerequisite: Above average math skills are recommended.
Set yourself on the path as a pharmacy technician at a hospital, retail, home infusion, or mail-order pharmacy.
- Classifications of drugs (brand name and generic)
- Medical terminology related to pharmacy
- Medication compounding and proper handling procedures
- Intravenous and chemotherapy drugs
- Basic pharmacy math and medication dosage conversions
- Prescription requirements and interpretation
- Inventory control, billing procedures, legal and moral obligations of personnel
- V. drip rates and medication dispensing
Please bring a calculator to class. Before the first class, purchase required textbook at www.bhc.edu/bookstore.
The Pharmacy Technician Certification exam (CPhT) is available upon successful completion of the class through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCP).
7 Tues./8 Wed. Sept. 15 – Nov. 3 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Outreach – Rm. 407 Tuition Fee $735
In-person CRN 80784