SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Human Resource Certification Preparation Program
Instructors: S. Cary, SPHR, MBA, HRM, SHRM-SCP and P. Greufe, SPHR, MBA, CM, SHRM-SCP
This class will assist you in preparing for the SHRM-CP (Certified Professional) or SHRM-SCP (Senior Certified Professional) certification exam. Go to www.shrm.org to review eligibility requirements. Utilizing the curriculum from Holmes Corporation, you will learn from printed workbooks, online tools, and current HR professionals as well as network with other human resource personnel.
The SHRM certifications are based on the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™).
It is organized into behavioral competencies:
- Leadership (Leadership & Navigation, Ethical Practice)
- Interpersonal (Relationship Management, Communication, Global & Cultural Effectiveness)
- Business (Business Acumen, Consultation, Critical Evaluation)
It is also organized into areas of HR knowledge:
- People (HR Strategic Planning, Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement & Retention, Learning & Development, Total Rewards)
- Organization (Structure of the HR Function, Organizational Effectiveness & Development, Workforce Management, Employee & Labor Relations, Technology Management)
- Workplace (HR in the Global Context, Diversity & Inclusion, Risk Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, U.S. Employment Law & Regulations)
Utilizing distance learning technology, some classes will be on the QC campus and some will be from the convenience of your own home or office. The SHRM Learning System materials are included in the cost of the program.
Last day to register/receive refund: Aug. 29
12 Thursdays Sept. 5 – Nov. 21 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
CRN 81182 Bldg. 2 – Rm. 114A Tuition Fee $899
Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR)
Instructor: L. Bassow, SHRM-SCP
The Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI®) offers the Associate Professional in Human Resources certification (aPHR®), the first HR certification designed for professionals who are just beginning their HR career journey. Earning your aPHR credential will allow you to prove your knowledge of the fundamentals of Human Resources and show potential to current employers you have a great foundational knowledge upon which to launch a HR career.
Who is eligible to take the aPHR?
You are eligible if you are interested in pursuing a career in HR management and have a high school diploma or equivalent. This is the perfect program for professionals looking to advance a current career, recent college graduates, members of the armed services who want to make the transition to a civilian profession, and other individuals seeking a career transition into the HR field.
This class helps prepare you for the aPHR exam. For more information about the exam, go to www.hrci.org. Materials from HRCP are included in the cost of the course.
9 Tuesdays Sept. 17 – Nov. 12 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
CRN 81183 Outreach – Rm. 408 Tuition Fee $495
Professional in Human Resources (PHR)/Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
This class serves as a preparation tool for the PHR or SPHR certification examination. Go to www.hrci.org to verify eligibility requirements. While utilizing the curriculum from HRCP, you’ll learn from printed workbooks, online tools and current HR practitioners as well as network with other human resource personnel.
Topics covered include:
- Business management and strategy
- Workforce planning and employment
- Human resource development
- Compensation and benefits
- Employee and labor relations
- Risk management
This class will return in the next PaCE schedule.