Are you looking to make human resources your career? Do you want to gain knowledge for your business? Or are you looking for advancement and more responsibility? Our human resources classes can help. Our programs through HRCP and SHRM offer you the chance to refresh your HR skills or prep for the aPHR, PHR, SPHR , SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP exams.
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Human Resource Certification Preparation Program
Instructors: S. Cary, SPHR, MBA, HRM, SHRM-SCP and P. Greufe, SPHR, MBA, CM, SHRM-SCP
This class will assist with preparing for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification exam. Go to http://www.shrm.org to review eligibility requirements. While utilizing the curriculum from Holmes Corporation, you will learn from printed workbooks, online tools, and current HR professionals as well as network with other human resource personnel.
The SHRM certifications are based on the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™).
It is organized into behavioral competencies:
- Leadership (Leadership & Navigation, Ethical Practice)
- Interpersonal (Relationship Management, Communication, Global & Cultural Effectiveness)
- Business (Business Acumen, Consultation, Critical Evaluation)
It is also organized into areas of HR knowledge:
- People (HR Strategic Planning, Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement & Retention, Learning & Development, Total Rewards)
- Organization (Structure of the HR Function, Organizational Effectiveness & Development, Workforce Management, Employee & Labor Relations, Technology Management)
- Workplace (HR in the Global Context, Diversity & Inclusion, Risk Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, U.S. Employment Law & Regulations)
The SHRM Learning System materials are included in the cost of the program.
12 Thursdays Sept. 6 – Nov. 29 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
CRN 81227 Outreach – Rm. 204 Tuition Fee $899
(No class on Nov. 22)
aPHR Certification Preparation Program
Instructor: L. Bassow, SPHR
The Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR) exam is an HR certification through HRCI. Are you a recent graduate with an interest in an HR career, a professional looking to switch careers or advance your career, a manager who wants to expand your role, or a member of the military seeking HR development or transitioning into a civilian HR role? The aPHR credential will demonstrate foundational knowledge of HR practices and prove to an employer that you have the qualifications necessary for a successful HR career. The HRCP materials are included in the cost of the program.
9 Tuesdays Sept. 18 – Nov. 13 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
CRN 81228 Outreach – Rm. 408 Tuition Fee $495
Human Resource Certification Preparation Program
This class serves as a preparation tool for the PHR or SPHR certification examination. Go to http://www.hrci.org to verify eligibility requirements. While utilizing the curriculum from HRCP, you’ll learn from printed workbooks, online tools and current HR practitioners as well as network with other human resource personnel.
Topics covered include:
- Business management and strategy
- Workforce planning and employment
- Human resource development
- Compensation and benefits
- Employee and labor relations
- Risk management
The PHR/SPHR Human Resource Certification program will return in the next PaCE schedule.