How to register and receive a Certificate of Completion
- Notify Marci Miner at email@example.com or 309-796-5361 about your intent to sit in on credit EMT/EMS classes for CEs (Marci must approve you before you attend a class.)
- You must complete the EMS/EMT PaCE registration form.
- Bring a photo ID to class.
- You must sign in on an EMT/EMS sign-in sheet each class that you attend. You must write down the date of attendance, and Marci must initial.
- When you complete attendance, Marci will make a copy of the attendance sheet and give it to you.
- Mail or deliver the registration form (which includes the name of the class) and the attendance sheet to the PaCE Department at the Outreach Center – 301 Avenue of the Cities, East Moline, IL 61244.
- The cost is $3 per hour attended. Payment may be made by check (made payable to Black Hawk College), by cash or by credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover).
- You will receive a Certificate of Completion after the PaCE Department receives the registration form and payment.
|NREMT||2013-2014||Written – 87.5%|
|Psychomotor – 100%|
|2014-2015||Written – 100% (currently)|
|Psychomotor – 80% (currently)|
|2014-2015||None to evaluate|
*The Black Hawk College EMS program currently has an open enrollment policy. The enrollment for the class of 2014 was 24 with number of seats available equaling 24. Of the 14 students who did not complete the program, eight dropped for non-academic reasons. The remaining six students were dropped due to didactic content. For the class of 2015, 16 students began the program with a total of seven students leaving the program for nonacademic reasons. Three students were dropped for academic reasons and two students remain “in progress” in the program.