NEW: Feel Like a Leader Every Day (3 Part Series)
Instructor: Donna Honold
Emotional Intelligence (EI) is a set of skills that help us better perceive, understand and manage emotions in ourselves and in others. These behavioral skills help us make intelligent responses to, and use of, emotions. Our emotions are fundamental to how we interact, build rapport, connect and collaborate with others.
Your ability to understand your emotions, to be aware of them and how they impact the way you behave and relate to others, will improve your “people” skills and help you ultimately be more satisfied and successful, as a manager, supervisor and leader.
This series will focus on YOU as a Leader and your ability to positively influence those around you to create a more engaged workplace.
Who should attend:
- New supervisors, team leaders, line leaders
- Leaders transitioning from team member to team supervisor
- Supervisors seeking to increase their effectiveness
- Supervisors without formal leadership training
CRN # 10840
Wednesdays, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
Feb.12 – Feb. 26
Location: QC Campus Bldg. 1, Rm. B13
Cost: $525 (Includes all materials and the Leadership Self-Assessment.)
3 Part Series:
Session One | Wednesday, Feb. 12
- Introduce the Genos EI Model
- Discuss the effects on those around us & the relation to employee engagement
- Complete the Assessment
Session Two | Wednesday, Feb. 19
- Interpret results of Self-Assessment
- Discuss tips and techniques for improvement
- Develop and action plan
Session Three | Wednesday, Feb. 26
- Continued discussion of results & action plan
- Practice skills & behavior for demonstration in the workplace