Instructor: I. Earl, NCMA, AHI, CPI, BS
Prerequisite: Ability to assist peers onto a table during practice. Must be willing to participate with giving and receiving 12-lead hook ups.
Topics will include:
- 12-Lead EKG
- Set-up in a hospital or office setting
- Anatomy of the heart
- Physiology and medical disease processes
- Medical terminology
- Medical ethics and legal aspects of patient contact
- Blood-borne pathogens
- Heart medications
The National Certified EKG Technician (NCET) certification exam is available upon successful completion of the class through National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
7 Fridays Mar. 1 – Apr. 12 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
CRN 11178 Bldg. 3 – Rm. 205 Tuition Fee $395
Before the first class, purchase required textbook at www.bhc.edu/bookstore.
Required Textbook Purchasing Procedure:
- For a list of PaCE textbooks, visit www.bhc.edu/bookstore
- Click on campus location (Hawk’s Hub (QC) or East Campus).
- Click on (Order Textbooks) in the Textbooks box.
- Select Term (Spring 2019), Select Department (Adult Ed)
- Click on your course name under Select Course and click (Add Selection).
- Click on (Get Course Materials) to see your book title.
- Payment options – debit, credit, or pay at pickup.
- Delivery options – ship to home, pick up at East Campus or pick up at Quad-Cities Campus.