Instructor: S. Costello, RDA, Dental Office Manager
Prerequisite: Basic Windows skills
Students will learn the essential skills for managing the business aspects of a dental practice, becoming an administrative dental assistant and managing a dentist’s office. Learn about dental terminology and anatomy, medical records management, accounts receivable and reimbursement management, insurance and patient billing, patient scheduling, procedural and diagnostic coding (CDT-5), and other office responsibilities including arranging staff scheduling and staff meetings.
Students should enroll in this program if they are interested in entering the non-clinical side of dentistry. This program will provide entry-level administrative assistant training to put the student on a path for team leadership or management.
The Certified Dental Office Assistant Exam (CDOA) exam is available upon successful completion of the class through National Career Certification Board (NCCB).
8 Thursdays Oct. 11 – Dec. 6 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
CRN 81220 Outreach – Rm. 402 Tuition Fee $395
(No class on Nov. 22)
Before the first class, purchase required textbook at www.bhc.edu/bookstore.
Required Textbook Purchasing Procedure:
- For a list of PaCE textbooks, visit www.bhc.edu/bookstore
- Click on campus location (Hawk’s Hub (QC) or East Campus).
- Click on (Order Textbooks) in the Textbooks box.
- Select Term (Fall 18), Select Department (Adult Ed)
- Click on your course name under Select Course and click (Add Selection).
- Click on (Get Course Materials) to see your book title.
- Payment options – debit, credit, or pay at pickup.
- Delivery options – ship to home, pick up at East Campus or pick up at Quad-Cities Campus.