NEW – The APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) is known as the premier certification for internal supply chain business operations. It is designed for production and inventory control professionals.
Organizations value the program’s ability to train on critical concepts and strategies, while maximizing ROI on systems and technologies within the company. Individuals value its ability to help advance their knowledge, proficiency and career by providing the tools and knowledge for making informed, strategic decisions.
To earn APICS CPIM designation, individuals must successfully complete two process-oriented modules and two exams.
CPIM strengthens businesses
- It establishes common terminology, processes and frameworks across the organization.
- It provides your team with the knowledge and organizational skills to strategically streamline operations.
- It promotes interaction with existing resources and ERP software to increase efficiencies.
- It improves workforce productivity, collaboration and innovation.
- It establishes consistency through best practices and organization-wide communication.
CPIM education areas of emphasis
- Demand management
- Procurement management
- Supplier planning
- Material requirements planning
- Capacity planning
- Sales and operations planning
- Master scheduling
- Performance measurement
- Quality control, inventory management
- Continuous improvement
CPIM Module One
- Part 1: Supply Chain Overview
- Part 2: Fundamentals of Demand Management
- Part 3: Plan Supply
- Part 4: Execute Supply Plan
- Part 5: Inventory Management
- Part 6: Continuous Improvement/Quality Management and Technologies.
Instructor: Scot Johnson, LMP
The APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) is known as the premier certification for internal supply chain business operations. It is designed for production and inventory control professionals. To earn APICS CPIM designation, individuals must successfully complete two process-oriented modules and two exams (Module Two will be offered in Fall 2021).
10 Thursdays May 13 – July 15 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
CRN 50209 Location
Fee: Members $1,500
Non-members $1,720 (fee includes membership)
(Fee includes materials.)
Registration ends May 6, 2021. Full refund granted for withdrawal on or before May 6, 2021.
For information and to register, contact Julie Gelaude, 309-796-5715.
CPIM Module Two
Module Two will be offered in Fall 2021.
- Part 1: Strategy
- Part 2: Sales and Operations Planning
- Part 3: Demand
- Part 4: Supply
- Part 5: Inventory
- Part 6: Detailed Schedules
- Part 7: Distribution
- Part 8: Quality, Continuous Improvement and Technology
This class is held one night a week for 12 weeks. This instructor-led class uses materials designed by ASCM (formerly APICS) in preparing individuals for successful completion of the Part 2 exam. Out of class reading and practice testing is expected.
Registration: Contact Julie Gelaude at 309-796-5715