Instructor: C. Jordan
Are you wanting to learn about home wiring and save money by doing repairs yourself? This class will give you the hands-on interactive experience needed to help you troubleshoot, maintain or make minor revisions while using meters and tools to complete a task safely. Learn practical house wiring including switch and receptacle circuits, breaker panels and thermostat controls as well as cable systems and telephone wires.
Optional textbook is available by going to www.bhc.edu/bookstore.
6 Tuesdays Sept. 18 – Oct. 23 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
CRN 81324 Outreach – Rm. 105 Tuition Fee $90
Beginning Backyard Beekeeping Workshop
Instructor: A. Roberts
Interested in beekeeping but unsure how to get started? Join us as we learn the ins and outs of what it takes to become a backyard beekeeper and start your own hive. Learn bee basics such as when to start your hive, space needed, equipment involved, and how to choose the right bees, and ask any questions you may have about this process.
1 Tuesday Sept. 18 5:30 – 8:00 p.m.
CRN 81325 Outreach – Rm. 204 Fee $19
Acoustics for Residential
Instructor: R. Vedvik, P.E.
For home owners and people interested in noise control and sound behavior.
Interested in properties of sound, noise control or audio performance? This class will provide a background in acoustics and how sound behaves. Learn how to control noise in your home (such as noise between rooms or spaces that echo) and understand audio-system design and layouts. Learn how to build affordable acoustical panels and how to mitigate noise transfer. Measuring sound will be demonstrated using a variety of tools, including smartphones. Additional acoustics topics will be covered upon request and class consensus.
Before the first class, purchase required textbook at www.bhc.edu/bookstore.
6 Thursdays Oct. 11 – Nov. 15 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
CRN 81250 Outreach – Rm. 406 Fee $75
Required Textbook Purchasing Procedure:
- For a list of PaCE textbooks, visit www.bhc.edu/bookstore
- Click on campus location (Hawk’s Hub (QC) or East Campus).
- Click on (Order Textbooks) in the Textbooks box.
- Select Term (Fall 18), Select Department (Adult Ed)
- Click on your course name under Select Course and click (Add Selection).
- Click on (Get Course Materials) to see your book title.
- Payment options – debit, credit, or pay at pickup.
- Delivery options – ship to home, pick up at East Campus or pick up at Quad-Cities Campus.