Beginning Backyard Beekeeping Workshop
Instructor: A. Roberts
Interested in beekeeping but unsure how to get started? Join us as we learn the ins and outs of what it takes to become a backyard beekeeper and start your own hive. Learn bee basics such as when to start your hive, space needed, equipment involved, and how to choose the right bees, and ask any questions you may have about the process.
1 Tuesday Feb. 26 5:30 – 8:00 p.m.
CRN 11287 Outreach – Rm. 103 Fee $19
Home Wiring and Acoustics for the Home Owner
Instructor: R. Vedvik, P.E.
This class will teach you about home wiring and how to save money with DIY projects and repairs as well as noise control and sound behavior to make your home have optimum acoustics. This class will give you the hands-on interactive experience needed to help you troubleshoot, maintain or make minor revisions while using meters and tools to complete a task safely. Learn practical house wiring including switch and receptacle circuits, breaker panels and thermostat controls as well as cable systems. You will learn how to control noise in your home (such as noise between rooms or spaces that echo) and understand audio-system design and layouts. Learn how to build affordable acoustical panels and how to mitigate noise transfer. Measuring sound will be demonstrated using a variety of tools, including smartphones. Optional textbook is available at www.bhc.edu/bookstore before the first class.
6 Thursdays Mar. 21 – Apr. 25 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
CRN 11186 Outreach – Rm. 407 Fee $79
Textbook Purchasing Procedure
- For a list of PaCE textbooks, visit www.bhc.edu/bookstore
- Click on campus location (Hawk’s Hub (QC)).
- Click on (Order Textbooks) in the Textbooks box.
- Select Term (Spring 19), Select Department (Adult Ed)
- Click on your course name under Select Course and click (Add Selection).
- Click on (Get Course Materials) to see your book title.
- Payment options – debit, credit, or pay at pickup.
- Delivery options – ship to home, pick up at East Campus or pick up at Quad-Cities Campus.