Instructors: Sam DeYoung (RI County Animal Care and Control Shelter) & Dr. Chelsea Clinton (Oak Knoll Animal Hospital)
(Ages 16 and older) Explore the many duties performed in an animal shelter as you prepare for an entry-level position at a shelter or kennel. This course has been designed to deliver information from the experts and will cover topics such as shelter regulations, client interactions, compassion fatigue, animal assessment, handling, shelter/kennel care, disease prevention and control, and adoption procedure. Required: Job shadow to be scheduled with the RI County Animal Care.
Optional textbook is available at www.bhc.edu/bookstore before the first class.
8 Thursdays Apr. 18 – June 6 5:30 – 8:00 p.m.
CRN 11187 RI Animal Care Tuition Fee $395
Rock Island County Animal Care and Control Shelter, 4001 78th Ave, Moline.
Textbook Purchasing Procedure
For a list of PaCE textbooks, visit www.bhc.edu/bookstore
- Click on campus location (Hawk’s Hub (QC).
- Click on (Order Textbooks) in the Textbooks box.
- Select Term (Summer 19), Select Department (Adult Ed)
- Click on your course name under Select Course and click (Add Selection).
- Click on (Get Course Materials) to see your book title.
- Payment options – debit, credit, or pay at pickup.
- Delivery options – ship to home, pick up at East Campus or pick up at Quad-Cities Campus.