In-person vs. virtual classroom vs. online?
- An in-person class provides the traditional on-site instruction.
- A virtual classroom provides real-time, online instruction. A student is responsible for the technology needed to attend the class.
- An online class provides online instruction but not in real-time. A student is responsible for the technology needed to complete the class.
The medical field abounds with exciting career opportunities. Start a new health career in as little as three months.
Professional and Continuing Education (PaCE) is your one-stop center for health career training. We respond to local and national health care needs/trends by offering programs that are in demand.
Our career-oriented programs are specifically designed to prepare for entry-level positions. You will receive an official Black Hawk College certificate of completion for all health career classes.
Many of the PaCE health care programs offer a certification exam or competency exam after successful completion of the course. The instructor will review certifications for each program.
Health care careers general statement of prerequisites
Age 18 and GED or high school diploma. You must be free of communicable diseases that pose a risk to self, instructor or peers. Most health careers require the ability to lift, bend, stoop, twist, turn and stand on your feet or sit for extended periods of time. You must be able to follow written and oral instructions and communicate effectively in a professional manner. Some classes require background checks.
Why get certified:
- Demonstrates that you have achieved the entry-level of professional knowledge in your specific field of study.
- Gives you a mark of distinction which sets you apart and shows that you have achieved expertise in your field of study.
- Demonstrates your commitment to your own personal growth and to that of the profession you’ve chosen. These factors can affect your career advancement.
- May encourage your employer to underwrite further education for you in the future. By showing them how supporting your professional development is a worthwhile pursuit for the company’s continuous improvement efforts, this could lead to further educational opportunities.
Note: Black Hawk College PaCE also offers community health classes such as yoga, self-defense and dance.