- This event has passed.
How to @ the Hawk – Smart Start! (Aug. 12)
August 12 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm CDT
Quad-Cities Campus students – Get ready for the fall semester with BHC Smart Start!
BHC Smart Start will cover basic information to help students succeed, including:
- Meet your BHC assigned advisor
- Introduction to financial aid and payment information
- Difference between career/technical degrees and certificates and transfer degrees
- How to read our Fall 2021 schedule and the types of instruction available for Fall 2021 (in-person, online, hybrid, etc.)
- Registration for Fall 2021 classes
- Time management (how many credit hours is realistic)
- How to locate information on student resources
All sessions will be offered on-campus and virtually. Choose from:
- Thursday, July 22 from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 27 from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 3 from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 12 from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 14 from 9-10 a.m. (virtual only)
- Tuesday, Aug. 17 from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
To register for a session, email Jana Koch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the virtual sessions, a Zoom link will be provided 24 hours beforehand via email to all registered participants. The on-campus sessions will begin in Building 1, upper lobby.
All participants will receive a free T-shirt and lanyard after the session!